As a group of 11 adults and 7 children aged 2-9 we had a huge bucket list that had to be filled so that everyone would enjoy our family reunion.
After many many months of research on the net, I thought that I had found the perfect place - Plantation Island Resort as it ticked all the boxes.
After booking and waiting for our holiday to finally arrive I started to get worried after reading many negative reviews. I started to panic. What a silly thing to do, because we had a great time.
Yes there were things that was not what we had expected, but it is a 3 star and we knew that.
On a whole it was great. We had 2 great weeks together.
Food- Breakfast had a lot of variety. Buffet theme nights were good on the ones that we went to, some nights we dined at Ananda's as the buffet didn't offer much gluten free, such as Italian night. On a whole the food is good and we never heard of anyone getting sick while there. Our only complaint with the food was that the kids buffet needs more variety and food that the kids will eat, not stews, curries etc. Some nights the food was a good variety but on other nights the kids wouldn't eat there.
Rooms- We stayed in 5 one bedroom garden bures on the Lomani side Rooms 276 - 280. All rooms were clean and tidy and very large. As families with children we had heaps of room and the main bedroom has a bit of privacy for the adults. We only had a short walk to the beach and it was quiet up this end of the resort on the beach. They were working on bures near us but we never had a problem with the noise. And the workers were always friendly.
Staff and Service- As usual the Fiji people are wonderful and friendly and would do anything for us. My grandchildren love the Fijians and their parents were at easy with them taking the children while they were eating etc. Yes, the drinks may have been slow, but hey we are in Fiji and love the Fiji Time.
Kids Club- This was one of our disappointments on the holiday. Our kids were looking forward to spending time in kids club, as they had in other resorts, but this never happened. At night you had to sit and watch the movie, even if they didn't want to. They were not allowed to play in the climbing and ball pit and got into trouble for doing so. This meant that they then didn't want to go to kids club and play at all during the entire stay.
Location- What a wonderful location, the beaches and the snorkelling was just great. Beautiful white sand and snorkelling off the beach. The best snorkelling off the beach is on the Lomani side. A great place for teaching the kids to snorkel.
We recommend to do the Honeymooners reef snorkelling trip as the coral and fish here are so colourful and plentiful.
If you can afford it we would highly recommend that you get at least for one transfer a helicopter. As we had 18 in our group we needed 3 helicopters. This was one of the highlights of our holiday. It is breathtaking views and only takes 15 minutes to get there.
There is so much to do on this island that we never got to do everything that we had planned.
As we had booked 5 rooms we were given a private beach cocktail party, with drinks and canapé's and a cake. as this was our last night on the Island we upgraded it to a seafood/BBQ dinner. It was wonderful and we even had our own entertainment with 3 Fijians singing and playing music for us.
We had the privilege of being part of their Fiji Day Celebrations while staying there and had a great time. Everyone so relaxed and having fun.
We would highly recommend this resort, But need to remember it is 3 star and then you will have a great time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island