Arrived 1st April after 3 OK days at the Sofitel on Denarau. Great fun not just for the kids (aged 7 and 3), but the whole family, including my wife's parents who joined us there. Used the kids' club, played tennis, putt-putt golf, volleyball, table tennis, kayaked, snorkelled (snorkelling equipment is free as long as you return it by 4pm same day); didn't manage to play golf, but the 9-hole course looked in good condition.
Rooms were excellent - they've recently been refurbished, and they've done a good job: large, clean and well-designed. The sofas at the front convert into comfortable single beds, and the bathroom separates them from the master bedroom for a decent level of privacy.
Food was good, although the ticketing system on the first night was a bit confusing. We preferred Ananda's, and the Ol' Copra Shed which reopened during our stay.
The choice of food at the shop was limited, but not as expensive as I had been led to believe. We were also given free drinking water on arrival, which we could top-up for free throughout the holiday.
The kids loved the big pool and the slide pool, and the sea was stunningly clear. When they're older, hopefully we'll come back to do more such as sailing, diving, parasailing etc.
All in all, a tremendous holiday, helped along by the usual great Fijian hospitality.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island
- Plantation Island Hotel
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.