We stayed for 8 nights at Malolo in April 2012 with our 4 yr old daughter. After 8 days on an island I am usually ready to leave but not at Malolo - I could have stayed another week easily.
The resort is small and well laid out. The Bure's are all laid out along the beach front and most have a view of the ocean. Some are clustered together but don't look out onto each other. The rooms are spotlessly clean, air-conditioned and very comfortable. There is no TV or phone and the although there is WiFi at the shop and Beach bar, it is slow.
The resort itself is very laid-back. Don't bother packing shoes - you won't need them here! The restaurants are very reasonably priced and the range of food is good. Food quality is pretty good although more fresh fruit wouldn't go a miss. Drinks are very cheap during happy hour at the beach bar. We didn't take the all-inclusive package and ended up spending about half what we would have spent for the package.
The staff at the resort take the place to a whole new level not seen on the mainland. They are without exception always smiling and being a small resort get to know you by name which makes it all the more personal. The Kids Club was still being renovated while we were there but our daughter loved spending time with the Club staff. Always off exploring the beach or making something. The kids club is open late which meant that we could enjoy happy hour at the Beach Bar while all the kids played games on the beach while being supervised.
The activities are endless: Scuba diving, sailing, kayaks, paddle boards and snorkelling off the beach. If you've stayed at Denarau, you won't recognise the water here - crystal clear, 26c and teeming with fish and coral. Apart from Scuba and jet-skis, all the water activities are free. There are 2 nice pools at the resort but we hardly used them preferring the ocean.
There is nothing to fault at Malolo. For a relaxed family holiday with amazing water, lots of activities and the friendliest staff, you can't go past Malolo. We're already planning our holiday for next year.
- Also Known As:
- Malolo Island Hotel Malolo Island
- Malolo Island Hotel
- Fiji Malolo Island Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malolo is an intimate, rustic resort. It's about a bure near the beach, surrounded by the world's friendliest people with a living and authentic culture. You will be served by the descendants of villagers who have lived there for thousands of years, offering true Fijian hospitality. Perfect for families and couples alike, at Malolo, you can fill your day with a myriad of activities or simply unwind and do nothing at all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Malolo Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.