“Absolutely wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Riverside
Riverside, Alabama
“Absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Me and my husband have been living at this hotel for the past month and it is more than we could ask for.The owner has been like a godsend for us and has helped us any way he could.He keeps the place clean with often cleaning of the carpets and bug spraying.The housekeeping ladys are very polite and courtious.The room is set up exactly the way we need it for our situation and im just very grateful for this man and everything he has done for us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

When I booked this room, I booked it based on the reviews that I read on here. Before I booked online I called the hotel directly. While friendly, I was quoted a price and then another after I mentioned my value club membership. Happy with the latter rate, I booked online. When I finally made it to the hotel, I was disappointed to learn that the quote I recieved over the phone was nothing but a lie, I swallowed my pride and took the room anyway, although I was not too happy about being lied to. For the high rate I was paying to stay here, I assumed it would be a very nice and elegant hotel. I knew the instant I saw the run down, leaking ice machine that I was entering slum city and was paying alot of money to visit. I walked up the filthy staircase littered in cigarette butts and was instantly greeted with cracked cement floors and water damaged roofs when I reached the second floor. I entered my room and that was when the real fun began. Of the 4 lamps in the room only one of them worked so it was a little dim. Working electrical outlets must cost extra since I was unable to find one that worked to charge my laptop, I had to choose between tv or laptop since of the three outlets I found only the one with the tv worked. I was also upset to see that even though it is listed under room description that all rooms have a fridge/ microwave combo, my room did not have this. If it had not been for this, I would have requested a room with the combo although I shudder to know how much more that would cost. While the bed was comfortable that is about the only thing nice I can say about it. The toilet would not flush properly and at one point the tv turned itself off and when you turned it back on, the cable was out. And dont even get me started on the breakfast bar, stale pop tarts anyone?

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I thought this place for the price won't be very nice, i was going to check in my workers and go to Comfort Suites. To my surprise, it was very nice, nice location by the lake, very clean, my room smelled good and the family that runs it are awesome. They are an American family and are extremely nice people.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone. I got 2 rooms and the owner offered another one for free so my workers can rest well. I have worked in 15 states, and stayed at many motels, i have never been this impressed with Americas Best Value Inn. Keep it up guys!!! If we are ever in this area, we will be back,

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
prattville,al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

my family has been staying at this hotel 2-3 times a year, it is always clean and the kids love to swin in the pool or go down to the lake and fish. that love it so much we would never stay anywhere else.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2007

I been going to this motel everytime I go to Birmingham, Alabama. It has a wonderful view of Lake Martin Logan. Service is nice, and clean rooms. I've been going to this hotel for about fourteen (14) years. The only thing was that it change its name over time but not the management.

• Liked — The lake scenery, the pool, and the cleaniness of the rooms.
  • Disliked — Really nothing
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

My stay at the Americas Best Value Inn in Riverside, Alabama was fantastic... There service was excellent... when I called the front desk and asked for more towels I got them in less than 2 minutes... also the pool was very clean and my room was on the lakeside and the view was beautiful... Overall though the hotel was excellent.

• Liked — The cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Riverside/Pell City? Share your experiences!