“Clean room/building Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Prattville

Save Saved
You added Days Inn & Suites Prattville to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Prattville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Old Farm Lane South, I-65 Exit 179, Prattville, AL 36066   |
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Prattville
“Clean room/building Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Tired of driving from New Orleans and stopped here. Matt was the night staff and he was great at assisting me and my hubby with a room. Clean elevator, clean hallway, and clean room. Not all starch breakfast, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit, and waffels if you want. Breakfast staff was great and helpful about area things to do and places to eat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cornelius, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I should preface this review by saying that we normally stay at Hampton Inns when we travel with our kids. We did not have that option this time and this hotel was in a similar price range - about $95 and had good reviews.

I'm not quite sure why I feel this way, but I would not stay at this property again. There was nothing terribly wrong with the place, but I was not entirely comfortable either.

I think my reluctance to recommend this place stems from my first impressions. When we first arrived, the first thing I noticed was the smell of the lobby. It was a weird combination of cleaning supply smells and Asian spices. This hotel has suites and I think someone was cooking some very strongly scented food, which did not mix too well with the cleaning supply smell of the lobby. The staff member who checked us in was very friendly, but we did not have his attention as he was talking on the phone and instructing me what to do via hand gestures. He was also not wearing shoes, which added to the sense that the hotel was not a clean as it could be. To see staff walking down the hall with only socks on was a first for us.

The room was what we expected, although the air conditioning was off when we arrived. It took a few hours for the AC to get the room to a comfortable temp. The AC was also off in the hallways of this hotel. With the outside temp at 90+ degrees, this made for less than comfortable conditions. I am sure they were turning the units off to save $$. The bathroom could have been cleaner with mold growing on both the shower head and the edge of the shower surround. The room did have a refrigerator and a microwave, along with a coffee maker. The sheets were clean and the bed itself was comfortable.

Along the lines of service, at one point my wife called to get more towels and they instructed her to come to the front desk. When she arrived, the man with no shoes had her follow him to the housekeeping room to get the towels. My wife was not entirely comfortable with this and found it a bit odd that she had to follow the staff around the hotel.

The breakfast was typical fare for this price hotel. The lady organizing the breakfast was friendly and helpful. The only thing to note here is that there is limited seating. The dining area only seats about 15 people, so I ended up having to feed my two-year old breakfast while sitting on a couch in the lobby (not ideal).

Overall, it was an OK experience. I am sure that others would find this place to be just fine. I guess I have become accustomed to the "corporate owned" hotels and the independently-owned, franchised hotels don't seem to pay as much attention to the details, like having your staff wear shoes.

I would not go out of my way to stay here, but in a pinch it is not bad.

Room Tip: The higher the room number on each floor, the further you are from the pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed at the Days Inn in Prattville for three nights in March. The location was perfect as it was nice and close to the golf courses and also to the shopping area. The staff was friendly and the hotel was very clean. The free breakfast had lots of variety and there was something for everyone. The price was very good and we would definitely stay there again if we visit the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

This hotel is what it is- a nice hotel that can provide a good night's sleep. This hotel was extremely convenient to the Capitol Hill golf courses, which was the reason for our visit. The lobby is very small, but the Days Inn fresh baked cookies were a plus as always.

I'd describe the breakfast as a continental breakfast-plus. The had the standard spread, but also had eggs and bacon, which exceeded my expectations.

The hotel was very quiet and had clean rooms that provided us with a good night's sleep and a warm shower, which was all we could really ask for. After all, our expectations were not that high. I'd stay here again if we played in Prattville and it is close to a handful of restaurants with easy access from the highway.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012 via mobile

Very pleasant & attractive, conveniently located for the traveler off I65, with a friendly staff. Room was very clean & the facility had all you needed. Throw in the hot breakfast & you have got to wonder why you would stay anywhere else? And, a tremendous value!

• Stayed April 2012
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

On a trip through Alabama, we stopped at the welcome center and picked up a coupon book for state hotels. This Days Inn was featured with a coupon that could be used on check-in. Since we have had good experiences with Days Inn, we selected it over competitors. Unlike other hotels, this coupon had no restrictions on time of use. We were traveling on Saturday. When we tried to use the coupon, we were informed that it could not be used on weekends and they quoted us a rate more than 40% higher than the advertised rate - $85 versus $60.

We went down the road where a competitor honored the $55 coupon rate they advertised as their weekend rate!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Grovetown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I got into town a little late and found this Days Inn right where I needed to be. Having recently had a less than desirable stay at another Days Inn, I was a bit gunshy. I was pleasantly suprised with the friendly staff and exceptionally clean and comfortable room, lobby, and breakfast area. There were nice restaurants easy to walk to and I felt I was in a safe area. The price was a little above what I am used to, but, I paid the same at the last Days Inn I stayed at and was totally disappointed. I found no negatives and would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn & Suites Prattville? Share your experiences!