“Fantastic Romantic Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Plantation House

The Plantation House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Prattville
The Plantation House
You added The Plantation House to your Saves list
752 Loder Street, Prattville, AL 36067   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Prattville B&B and Inns
Coosada, Alabama
“Fantastic Romantic Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2008

I stumbled across this incredible Bed & Breakfast one day while driving in the Prattville area just 15 minutes from our home in Coosada, AL My husband & I had been unable to properly celebrate our 25th anniversary back in June because of circumstances, so when I secretively secured the best room they had, I was sure he would not suspect anything. After enjoying a delicious Chinese dinner at a resturant in Prattville, I asked if I could drive so I could show him a neat thing I discovered. Although a little suspicious, he agreed. When I drove up to The Plantation House Bed & Breakfast, he told me he was aware it was there but had never been there. I asked him if he thought they would let us tour it unannounced. Paul & Jessica played right along and gave us a tour. When I told my husband we were actually spending the night for our anniversary, his face lit up. We took time to savor every room. I played the beautiful baby grand piano in the living room. The sound was heavenly as it echoed in the elegantly decorated room. Then we settled down for the night in the hot tub while enjoying the fireplace in the amazing master bath. The charming master bedroom was decorated with beautiful antiques and the atmosphere was so soothing. They offered to provide a well-prepared tray of fresh fruit, cheese and crackers, chocolate covered strawberries and delicious wine for a reasonable fee.
We slept so peaceful that night and awoke to the most incredible aromas waffing from the kitchen. The breakfast was fit for royalty, complete with an elegantly decorated table in the formal dining room. I was imagining how it must feel to be treated like this every day. I honestly do not think there was anything else Paul and Jessica could have done to make our stay any more extraordinary. They were the perfect hosts.
After breakfast, we enjoyed a stroll on the beautifully landscaped property. We took time to rest on one of the many benches nestled under the magnolia trees. I especially enjoyed seeing the pond, which they said was the first 'swimming pool' in the area in its day. The house was so well kept it was hard to believe it dates back the the early 1800's. Hospitable, welcoming, warm, inviting, beautiful, elegant, satisfying, amazing, marvelous, memorable; all this and more describe the beautiful Plantation House.
I cannot wait to return and spend another memorable evening there. It is too good to be kept a secret any longer. Everyone needs to enjoy a marvelous evening there; forget about the hussle and bustle of life for a little while and make some memories that will last a lifetime. Sometimes when I need to get away from the stresses of life, I close my eyes and remember our amazing get away and wish I were there again. I know you will not be disappointed with your stay there. Hope you enjoy it half as much as we did. God Bless you!

• Liked — Elgant, clean, beautiful, reasonably priced for B & B
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Apollo Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2008

I am a frequent visitor to B&B's , and this one has by far exceeded all others. Paul and Jessica made me feel like I was at home from the second I walked thru the door(bebe too).They treated me as though I were royalty. I enjoyed getting to know the two of them sitting on the back porch,relaxing.The bed was extremely comfortable,and the house was everything you would expect from a plantaion style home. The breakfast was wonderful!!! I truly enjoyed having homemade strawberry jam and peaches they had canned that melted in your mouth.
I would definitely recommend The Plantaion house, only if you wanted to be spoiled and experience Southern hospitality at it's best.Thank you Paul and Jessica for a wonderful experience.

• Liked — ALL of it!
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hueytown, Al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

We stayed two nights at this B&B as a quick celebration of my retirement. Jessica and Paul are very friendly and we were made to feel comfortable immediately. Momma Lillian cooked an excellent country breakfast for us both mornings. Jessica was very helpful when I called to make reservations. The weekend I wanted to stay, there was a big party planned on Whistlers Porch. I told her we were looking for a quiet weekend and she suggested if we were looking for quiet, we might want to choose another date. We did move our dates and were happy we choose to postpone and stay here. We were drawn to this B&B because of the resident ghost; however he apparently wasn’t as friendly as the Inn Keepers, since he never made an appearance during our visit. He also missed an excellent opportunity, since this was the off season and we were the only guests staying in that big house all alone both nights. The Crews room with the Wedding bath was spacious and comfortable. The large king bed is exceptionally comfortable and we slept like babies. Probably why we didn't see the ghost, he couldn't wake us if he tried. If you are looking for southern hospitality and nostalgia, I highly recommend this B&B.

• Liked — Quiet and Friendly
  • Stayed January 2008
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

From the moment we drove into the driveway, we knew that we were in for a great time. We were greeted like we were coming home, big smiles and lots of southern charm. The place is very unique, and cozy, like stepping back in time without all the hustle bustle of a modern world.

The room was astounding and the little touches were great. The fireplace, the bubble bath, all those little candles and the jacuzzi are some of those little extras that add to the ambiance.
You can tell that Jessica and Paul have their heart into this.

The breakfast here is something to remember. All hand prepared and the goodies go on and on with no end or at least none that my wife & I saw. Did I say how good it was and how much we had ??? No scrimping here.

I guess it shows that we really enjoyed ourselves and we would recommend the Plantation House Bed & Breakfast without reservation. The hosts, the grounds, the room and the breakfast is not even in the same league as a motel and Denny's (Sorry Denny's but, you don't even come close)

The Plantation House is the standard that all hospitality (accommodations & restaurants) should try to measure up to.
Did I mention how good the breakfast was?

Make up an excuse if you have to but, make this a must go to place !!

• Liked — Did I mention how great the breakfast was?
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Nolefan2008
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

I wanted to surprise my wife for our anniversary. I spoke with Jessica and she went totally above and beyond what should be expected to ensure this was a memorable experience. Flower petals on the stairs, wine and sweets in the room and a hot tub. The room was spotless and very peaceful and breakfast was great. The house is a very old southern home with charm and atmosphere. We will stay again.

• Liked — Atmosphere
  • Disliked — Off the beaten path
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Edmonton, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

My husband and I had an excellent stay at the Plantation House Bed & Breakfast. Being from Western Canada, we wanted to experience a taste of the Southern United States and the Plantation House did not disappoint us.

We were warmly greeted as soon as we arrived. We had a very nice visit with the innkeepers and had "you all" captured by the end of the evening.

The king size bed was very comfortable and the Southern breakfast was truly delicious! The hospitality was worth the plane ride and drive!

The history and renovation of this place is very interesting as it was shared with us. We were made to feel at home even though we end our sentences with "eh"!

Thank you for being a part of our Southern, USA adventure!

Stayed August 2008
Prattville, Al
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2007

My husband made reservations with this bed and breakfast for a Friday. He called to make sure someone would be there prior to our arrival. He was told that he was down for Saturday night, not Friday. The female on the line assured him she had him down for Saturday and that the room was open for Saturday. Saturday morning, he called to make sure everything was set and was assured that everything was ago.

At about 3:30 pm Saturday, the female at the Plantation House calls to inform us that we were not down for Saturday, but down for Monday night!!! She admitted to me that she never cross checked the names on the reservations. There was an inital mix up with the day and date given, but was assured on friday that we had reservations for Saturday. This was a surprise trip my husband planned for our anniversary and the surprise was ruined by the friday call and was ruined for the whole surprise by her lack of confirming and getting her guest's names correct.

We have been to the location before, but under different management. If you make reservations, beware that she may call you an hour before you arrive to tell you that you do not have any. What a poor way to run a bed and breakfast. Beware!!

Stayed February 2007
PlantationHouse, Owner Innkeeper at The Plantation House, responded to this review, May 19, 2008
The guest certainly did have a complaint. We were new to the business and did overbook. We offered the guest a free honeymoon suite package ($175 value) which she declined.

This is the first and only overbooking we made. It taught us a valuable lesson.

Been to The Plantation House? Share your experiences!