“Meh” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Marbury, Alabama
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

So I've eaten At Mexico Tipico several times, and each time, the food was pretty good, but mostly a "meh, I've had better". The salsa was delicious, as was the cheese dip. The guacamole dip was bland, but still tasty. I understand that each restaurant has their own way of preparing dishes, and that some places might produce more bland dishes than others. That's fine. What I don't particularly like is that the times I ordered an entree with refried beans, the beans always seemed thin, and I would occasionally find a mostly cooked but still firm half bean in it. The staff and waiters were friendly, but even on slow days they seemed to take forever in coming back to check on us. Another meh.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, Alabama
“I love love what I ordered. Even the refried beans were better than I have EVER tasted. Just beans? Not hardly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

After being at the Fountain City Arts Festival in Prattville, we headed home. Decided to stop & patronize a local mexican restraunt. We stopped at Mexico Tipico. FANTABULOUS! They are located in a grocery store strip mall. First, the selection is Huge. So it is hard to decide what to get. My cousin & I had the same thing. I think mostly cause we wanted to eat it all & just be a little selfish & not share. haha. I am sorry that I can not remember the exact name of our selection but was a huge platter with 2 pablano peppers floured, battered, & fried...stuffed with meat & cheese & covered w the same. With a generous side portion of spanish rice & refried beans. Really really good. If I have the chance to go back, I would be afraid to try anything else because this dish was utterly mouth wateringly spectacular. Yes its spicy. Its a stuffed pepper! Huge by the way. Service was super friendly, & so fast. Go. Try. Eat.Smile.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Prattville, Alabama
“yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Good food at a great price!! We love to eat at Mexico Tipico. My picky kids even enjoy it. Try a jumbo margarita.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“Long time favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We lived in the Montgomery/Prattville/Millbrook area for many years and this place was a favorite of ours. Now whenever we find ourselves the area we try to eat here. The food is still great and the service quick and wonderful.

Visited February 2013
Wetumpka, Alabama
“Best Mexican Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The best Mexican restaurant. My grandaughters and I like it. The staff is friendly and the food is very good.

Visited June 2012