“Bug infested property, extremely rude owner” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   639 Malwest Drive, Prattville, AL 36066 7301   |
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Prattville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Midwest
“Bug infested property, extremely rude owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Horrible "hotel," one of the worst I've ever stayed at. The owner, Peter Patel, was extremely rude when I complained that both my rooms had biting bugs in them. I woke up in the morning with red swollen bites all over my legs and back, and found and killed three bugs, one of which still had my blood in him. I presented these bugs to the front desk and had to seek medical attention for the bites. The owner claimed these were biting gnats that were indigenous to Prattville and that because the doors open to the outside, guests should expect these kinds of bugs in the rooms. I canceled the remainder of my reservation, and stayed at another hotel in Prattville with the same setup (doors open to the outside), and no bugs.

Peter Patel was extremely rude when I called to complain about (a) being charged for the room; (b) having to book another hotel at a walk-in rate; and (c) having to seek medical attention for the blood-sucking bites on my legs and back. He basically blamed me. I contacted Wyndham, and they were of no help. This is the email I received from Wyndham:

This is to advise you that Super 8 Worldwide is solely the franchisor of the Super 8 Worldwide trademarks and service marks to independently owned and operated Super 8 Worldwide guest lodging facilities and is not involved in the day-to-day operations or management of this facility. Each Super 8 Worldwide facility is independently owned and operated by licensees. The Super 8 Worldwide chain is committed to ensuring that good service and quality accommodations are provided by our franchisees. Your comments have made us aware of an instance when one of our franchisees did not meet a valued customer's expectations. While Super 8 Worldwide does not own or operate or control this facility, we have notified the owner/operator of this facility of this incident and conveyed our expectation that he or she take steps to address it adequately. As the franchisee is in the best position to respond to your complaint, please direct all further communication to the franchisee below.

Stay here at your own risk, and don't assume that because Super 8 is part of Wyndham that Wyndham stands behind these hotels--they don't. There are far better places in Prattville to stay at about the same price. Peter Patel never made good on his promise to make this right.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
boonville indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

had to pull off all bedding a request freshly washed linen. wife is not happy. but we will survive. a white bodiley fluid was on the comfortor. sheets dont fit the bed. i'll live, not sure she will.

Room Tip: choose floor level and clean bedding.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mayfield, Ky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed here on our way to the beach, got 2 rooms. One room had a broken coffee maker and door latch, there were roaches that came out of the air conditioner unit! The other room had POOP on the toilet seat! The bathroom floor had something gritty all over it! The front desk staff did not seem to care one way or the other. The pool was small and unkept. There were bugs everywhere in the pool and it needs to be re-painted. The breakfast provided was awful. There were pasteries and bagels, biscuits, sausage, and preformed egg patties. The eggs looked disgusting and appeared to be rubber, same way with the sausage. the biscuits looked like hocky pucks. I decided on a bagel and OJ and was going to take it to my room and the front desk guy told me that I could not take anything to my room. There were no signs posted at all. I told him that I only got a bagel and OJ and that I did not plan to come back up there, he said that it didn't matter and I wasn't allowed to do that. I threw the food in the trash and walked out while he was still trying to say something. Upon check out, I told him how awful the stay was and that we would not be back. I do not recommend this hotel. They need to cater more to their paying customers. The only good thing about this hotel was there wasn't much extra noise when you were in the small rooms.

Room Tip: Don't stay here...go somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dyersburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We were on our way back from Disney area where we stayed at a 5 star very expensive highrise hotel within the Disney gates and the bed and shower were both better at this super 8. For the price you can't go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: if you want 1st floor you had better arrive early. There is a place on the web for a note to make r...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011 via mobile

Rooms are small and bathroom exhaust undersized which turns room into a sauna after a shower. Relatively quiet and fairly priced. Clean but worn. Staff mostly hidden. Room access is from outdoors, not internal as per website photo. Definitely better establishments in the area.

• Stayed December 2011
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I was driving back from Orlando, FL and stopped for the night. My check in was friendly, my room was clean and comfortable. They were pretty full, but there wasn't much noticeable noise, slept great. Worth the stop!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011 via mobile

We just needed a place for the night. This was in a great spot, right off the interstate. I think it has been remodeled recently, and is very nice. The rooms were clean and breakfast was very good. They even had waffles and biscuits/gravy, way over what you would expect for a "value" establishment. My only complaint was that the beds were hard, but that is a matter of perspective. If I ever travel back this way, Super 8 has my business!

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Super 8 Prattville Montgomery Area? Share your experiences!