“Great BBQ” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Denver, Colorado
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very friendly staff. We had a big group, ate steaks, ribs, baby backs, all great. The Cinnamon Apples are to die for. Highly recommend if you are in Prattvile.

Visited April 2013

“Don't go here if you are on your way home from Florida and thought it would be a nice change from the usual offerings..... Unles”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We thought it would be.a nice change from the usual fast food restaurants. Well we were wrong. I went to the restroom when I got there and there was no TP. There was an employee in there who said she would get some. She never returned. That should have been our first clue!

We were seated in a room that was freezing. The waiter showed up, took our orders and said he would be back when everyone's food was finished (there were 9 if us). He also told us he would bring us bread as soon as it was out of the oven. It finally showed up about 25 minutes later in a styrafoam container because there were no clean baskets. We were then told our food would be out as soon as some plates got washed! WHAT????? Our food did not come out at the same time. My 4 year old niece got her food last! Don't little kids usually get their food first?

A woman, who I assume was a manager came over to talk to us. We told her that the service was awful. She kept apologizing and offered us free dessert. That was a very nice gesture but didn't really make up for the almost. 2 hours were in the restaurant.

Food was good even though they brought my brother the wrong salad. Service not so good. I wouldn't go back. On a more positive note, my brother and sister-in-law said the one in Nashville is really good and has much better service!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
WALLED LAKE
“Tasty bbq in Alabama”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

While planning our trip to FLA it appeared we'd be passing thru Prattville, AL at lunchtime. BBQ seemed a good choice & I found Jim 'n Nicks online. The food is tasty (we had pulled pork with collards & slaw) and the service is excellent. Our server was Carolyn & she was great. We enjoyed the cheddar biscuits so much that she brought more w/o us even asking. The manager, Jay, stopped by when he learned it was our first visit. A very friendly guy who chatted with us for quite awhile. Definitely worth a return visit.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Point Clear, Alabama
“Old Faithful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I love Jim 'n Nick's and eat there often. One reason to go there is for the delicious cheese biscuits (or muffins). They bring them to you as soon as you sit down, and they are delicious! On this trip I ordered the Carolina barbeque sandwich, which I won't do again. I love the original BBQ sandwich and I suppose if you like the Carolina style you would like this one, but I didn't love the vinegar taste. It was ok, but I didn't love it. The baked beans are awesome. The service was slow at this particular Jim 'n Nicks. We were traveling and didn't intend to spend 2 hours eating lunch. It was Sunday at 2:00 and was very busy. Don't eat here if you are in a hurry.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chipley, Florida
“Good Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is in a great location, nice and clean. Staff was friendly. Food was good. I had the pulled pork plate and there was enough food that I got a to go plate. Comfortable seating. My children were with me and enjoyed their food except the mac and cheese.....it had a little too much pepper. But that's the only complaint. Overall good place to eat.

• Visited January 2013