“Breakfast and Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Tuscaloosa
“Breakfast and Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Excellent service, good food in a beautiful dining room. Breakfast is a feast! Dinner excellent choices.

Visited April 2012

Atlanta
“$34.95 for Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Price online said $26.95 for Sunday Jazz Brunch....got there and was charged $34.95.....total for 2 adult breakfasts was $75.90!!! Really didn't care for the increased price. Will not be going back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairhope, Alabama
“Beautiful view of Mobile Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have eaten here numerious times for Lunch and Sunday Jazz Brunch. The quality of the food is always spot on as is the service and I have been comming for over 30 years. I even had a very good time here New Years Eve when the placed was slamed. Always a great time had by all here.

Visited March 2013
California
“Food, venue lovely; no birthday treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Visited my parents recently to celebrate my dad's 81st birthday. They had been to the Grand Dining Room in the past, but not recently due to a big increase in prices. So because of the special occasion, and my first visit there, we went for lunch.

Yes, it is stunning and awesome. Windows face out onto the water and lovely landscaping. The staff were friendly and helpful. My dad had the crap cakes, $13.95, which were very large, crisp breading and tender insides. Beautifully plated. My mom and I had the seafood Cobb Salad, for &15.95 each. They , too, were beautifully plated with large portions. Our food was really fresh.

My issue? We made it clear to the hostess, and our wait person, that we were there for my dad's birthday. We asked about deserts, all costing about $7.95. My mom asked the wait person if it was complimentary for my dad, she said "no", and gave us the prices. REALLY?? They charge a LOT of money for their food, and they can't even give a customer a cupcake or something for a special occasion? We were not even expecting a free desert but come on! Couldn't they have a brownie or cupcake or something on hand for a birthday?

I have to say, we were all pretty disillusioned about this place after this experience. Will not be going back. Too bad - the food, despite the high prices, was really good.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baton Rouge, LA
“Romantic location perfect for our anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ambiance was astounding, service impeccable and food was delicious. Ordered filet mignon as our entrees, both with sides of double stuffed potatoes and carrots glazed with a sweet sauce and pecans. Appetizers: crab cake (small portion for the price but enjoyable) and gumbo (too thick...did not finish). Would most definitely dine here again. Views of the sunset on the bay at our 6 pm seating and piano player through our meal. Just lovely.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere