Pros: Nothing to do with the hotel itself but the setting, Point Clear, is serene. This was my first visit to the city/area and it is truly charming. You can just imagine (and then experience) the easy pace of life the place has to offer. While driving into town from Mobile Regional Airport, I saw many properties. So there are many other options in terms of where to stay. Especially the highly rated B&B properties will be best to immerse yourself in the rich experience the local touch can offer.
People are very nice. On the hotel premises, the staff at the gate, cafe by the waterfront, and the cleaning staff were all pleasant and responsive. Folks at the front desk, not so much.
I stayed here for two nights because I was attending a conference at the hotel. I usually stay at the conference hotel for convenience. In this case, I should have made an exception.
Cons: Varying prices, I was supposed to get a reduced rate but couldn't get it when I tried to register at the hotel website. Figured I'd take care of it when I arrived, I tried twice to no avail. Ended up paying a higher price. Then to add insult to injury, they tacked on a resort fee. For what? I used none of the resort services: not the golf carts, not the spa, not the gym, nothing really.
Bottom line: Find a nice B&B, take it easy, talk to the locals (they are very friendly). SKIP THIS HOTEL.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club Point Clear
- Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club
- Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club And Spa
- Grand Hotel Marriott
- Marriott Point Clear
- Point Clear Marriott
- Grand Hotel Point Clear
- Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa Point Clear, Alabama
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a stunning AAA Four Diamond beach resort in Point Clear, Alabama, the exquisite Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa, one of the most stunning hotels the Gulf Coast has to offer. This resort boasts two challenging golf courses as part of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, a luxurious 20,000-square-foot European-style spa, 10 tennis courts, a fabulous array of exceptional dining options, and a sizeable marina for sailboats, yachts and fishing boats. Overlooking scenic Mobile Bay, we are a proud member of Historic Hotels of America and boast 37,000 square feet of elegant meeting and event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.