“Close to home, but miles away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lodge on Gorham's Bluff

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pisgah
Lodge on Gorham's Bluff
You added Lodge on Gorham's Bluff to your Saves list
101 Gorham Drive, Pisgah, AL 35765   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Pisgah B&B and Inns
Huntsville, AL
“Close to home, but miles away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

A night's stay at the Lodge at Gorham's Bluff was exactly what we were looking for in a quiet retreat. My husband and I were able to slow down and relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. The view from the bluff was spectacular and our room was absolutely perfect! Every detail was covered. The four-course dinner in the lodge was delicious and made even more special by the live piano music. Only a couple of minor notes of concern: The Innkeeper told us we didn't need to bring our own bicycles because they were provided. However, once we got there, the only ones available either had flat tires or needed some form of repair. We opted for taking a long walk instead. Also, there was some confusion at check-out since I received no written confirmation of my charges. The person on duty at check-out was not as well-informed or as personable as the Innkeeper the previous day. However, I was able to view the charges on a computer. Those things aside, this is definately a place I will return to and recommend to anyone looking for quiet respite.

• Liked — attention to detail and quiet retreat
  • Disliked — not getting a printed receipt of charges
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2007

This is one of those reviews submitted relucantly- I want to acknowledge this wonderful place, but then, it is already hard to get in the Lodge on a weekend, and the more people visit this place, it will be even harder, because you WILL go back. Everything is top of the line here- staff, property, rooms, spotless and clean, food (YUMYUM). Only caution, there is nothing else around in terms of "sites and things to do"- this is a place to relax and take in wonderful views of the river, relax in your lovely room by the fire (and listen to those great CDs on the BOSE wave CD player), sit in the common room and read (again in front of a huge wood-burning fire), watch TV in the comfy TV area, ride bikes, then at night have a wonderful 4 course dinner by candlelight. And breakfast? Forget about eating the rest of the day. This is a great place. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2006

My husband and I stayed at Kents Cottage at Gorham's Bluff on September 22-24. I must admit I was a bit wary on the route there. As soon as we pulled onto the property, I knew that I had nothing to worry about. The site is very well maintained and all the homes are beautiful.
The Cottage that we stayed in had the best view aside from the rooms at the Lodge. It was a small 2 story home with 2 bed/2 bath and a full kitchen. There were 4 porches total, 2 upstairs and 2 down. It would be ideal for 2 couples.
The first night I had decided to cook myself and was very pleased that the kitchen had everything I needed to prepare the meal. If you decide to cook yourself, make sure that you bring everything that you need, I hear it is a day trip to the grocery store and back.
We stayed in the master bedroom, and from the bed the view was amazing.
I also packed everything needed for a picnic and found the perfect picnic spot on a rock that jutted out from the bluff only a few feet from our cottage.
My husband and I made use of the bikes and kept them at the cottage, we rode them to breakfast every morning.
We did eat at the lodge on Saturday night, and was only disappointed at the fact that we did not eat there Friday also.
Overall, I was extremely pleased and have plans on going back very soon.
Everyone was friendly, and it seemed that the proprietors thought of everything to ensure that our stay was nothing less than great.

Stayed September 2006
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2006

We had a funeral to attend in northern Alabama and this was the closest place we could find that wasn't a Super8!! What a delight and sigh of relief. We had 3 sets of family members staying and one couple stayed at the lodge and the other two sets stayed at different cottages. The bluff is so much more than you think it is going to be and certainly takes your breath away when you see it from the back porch of the lodge for the first time. The dinners were fantastic and VERY fresh and well presented. The linen's, cottages, amenities, cleanliness are all top-rated and you will want for nothing. The only thing that I would point out is that Gorham's Bluff is pretty much the only thing around so if you want quiet and beauty and nature, this is your place. A writer's retreat for sure. Our young girls had a fabulous time at the pool and the towels, drinks and music were just perfect. We can't say enough in that the hospitality provided took away some of the sorrow for the weekend and turned it into something peaceful and lovely. The only complaint was that the flies can be annoying when you are eating on the porch, but the view, food and drink take your mind off of it. Make sure to induldge in the cinammon rolls in the morning. Worth the 2.5 drive from Atlanta. Thanks so much!

Stayed August 2006
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2005

My wife and I stayed a Gorham's in May, 2005. The dinner is a four-course candlelight overlooking a bluff on the Tennessee River. Breakfast is wonderful. The rooms are very nice with great amenities. The view from the lodge is awesome. There are nature trails, bikes for borrowing, and many outdoor acitivities to enjoy. There is not much else to do in the area, which makes the lodge that more enjoyable! I would highly recommend this as a weekend getaway from anywhere in the South.

• Stayed May 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2003

We decided to do something different for our 37th anniversary. My husband found Gorham's Bluff on the Internet. What a beautiful retreat, scrumptious, gourmet food, beautiful room and excellent innkeeper and staff. The McGriff family was so cordial and gracious: (wine reception on the back porch). We have travel all over Europe. This was a beautiful anniversary weekend in a beautiful place! Lovely, lovely, lovely! Lynn and Eileen Humphrey

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2003

This beautiful lodge is located directly on the bluff with an absolutely breathtaking view. We stayed in a one bedroom guest cottage on the property and it was wonderful!

Dinner reservations at the lodge are well worth the price. The meal was nicely prepared, and the candle light setting was complimented with live piano music.

I highly recommend it for a romantic getaway.

Been to Lodge on Gorham's Bluff? Share your experiences!