“Nice location....good service” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fayetteville, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was a horrible hotel. I could get past the smoke smell; I did know it was a smoking room, but rooms were filling up for family day at Benning. However, the door didn't shut without extra help. The door didn't lock, a fact we discovered the day after check-in. The walls and doors had stains of questionable origin. There were pieces missing from the molding, a fact I normally can overlook. The pool appeared green. The area itself was on the edge of sketchy. The people letting in vagrants was questionable. The walls were thin enough that I knew the couple next door were getting happy. And I wasn't informed that the second floor wasn't handicap accessible until we got there.

Room Tip: My tip - Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Renee B, Manager at Days Inn Phenix City, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We need guests like you to let us know how we are doing and the areas in which we need to improve.
I apologize that we only had smoking rooms left and I am aware that the smoke smell lingers long after smoking guests depart. We are working on getting individual air cleansers for our smoking rooms to help with that issue.
The walls, pool and the other issues you had with the room are completely unacceptable. The only positive response that I can say is all those issues have been noted and we are in the process of a complete renovation (as you may have noticed) at the hotel. We are getting some new Team Members, a new lobby, pool area and each room will be completely transformed by the end of the year.
I can only ask that you please contact me so that I can personally speak with you about all these issues and try to make it right.
Again, thank you for the review and I look forward to hearing from you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

when I arrived at the hotel it was a very welcoming environment the staff was also friendly and the lobby with clean. the room was very nice I stayed in a suite. it had a nice TV, sofa bed, and comfortable size king bed. the Linen was clean and the carpet was clean. It did not have a bad smell. I would most definitely stay here again and I would recomm his hotel to anyone. the prices were great, it wasn't too steep for my pockets. breakfast in the morning is next door at the waffle king which is very out of the norm instead of just having normal breakfast at hotel the food was also good there. also if you need a late night snack you can also go to the waffle king which is right next door or there's a convenience store right there too.

• Stayed July 2013
Renee B, General Manager at Days Inn Phenix City, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Chloej21,
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Yes, the breakfast next door is out of the norm, but with us going through renovations, we still wanted to provide our guests with a hot breakfast each morning. We look forward to having you back on our next visit!
Louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The service was friendly, and the facility was clean. It could use a better breakfast selection, however.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Renee B, Manager at Days Inn Phenix City, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you so much for leaving us a review. I appologize about the limited breakfast selection. We are undergoing a complete renovation to include the lobby and breakfast area. I look forward to having you back to see the completed results! Again, thank you for taking the time to rate us on here and also for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs.
Murphy, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I read several bad reviews about this hotel but had already booked it so just hoped for the best. I just had to let everyone know this hotel is a really good value for the money! The pool is open, the staff are friendly and accommodating. The beds are comfortable and the room is clean. The rooms are nicely appointed, and have fresh linens and decent towels. It seems that this hotel has been really renovated. And I read several bad reviews about the free breakfast -- the Waffle King next door is available from 5:30 to 9:30 a.m. and has three breakfast choices with coffee -- much better than having coffee and donuts in the lobby! We were here for our son's Basic training graduation at Fort Benning. If in this area again we would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: One of the reviews mentioned noise from the second floor. We requested a second floor room but made...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Renee B, Manager at Days Inn Phenix City, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for your kind words! I will surely pass those on to the staff. We take a lot of pride in our customer service and guest satisfaction. I am glad you were able to enjoy our pool. We are going to be renovating it as well pretty soon so we hope to see you back so you can see the upgrades.
Thank you again.

Been to Days Inn Phenix City? Share your experiences!