“A great value with friendly, professional staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1702 US 280 Bypass, Phenix City, AL 36867 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City - Columbus)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Staten Island, New York
“A great value with friendly, professional staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

I enjoyed three wonderful days here as part of my family reunion in the Columbus area. The rooms were very clean, the property was immaculately kept up and the free breakfast and wi-fi were right on time. Staff members Tonya, Latonja and John stand out as most memorable; they saw to it that my family members of all ages were assisted and accommodated on the property. My family meets all over the country for reunions and we had nothing but praise for our hostess who directed us to this brand new Holiday Inn Express. Kudos to getting off to a great start!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

This past weekend was a big event with softball teams coming from all over the world and your staff made the transition very smooth. I would love to say a special Thank You to Yvonne for reaching out and beyond her duties on Sunday. Thank You from the Ladies of "Nothin Nice" Miami, Florida. See you next year!!

• Stayed September 2010
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

While visiting with friends we stayed at this hotel based on recommendations from our hosts. When we went to breakfast the first morning we were greeted by management and kitchen staff with a smile and "Good Morning". The saw to it that our every need was provided for. Gary stopped by our table every morning with a cheerful word and smile. The last evening we stayed our door key woulde not work so I went to the front desk and the young lady promptly provided new keys to our room. No questions were asked but appoligies were given for the inconvenience. We could not have been treated better by anyone on the staff. When loading the car up on the morning of departure the maintenance staff offered to help carry our belongings to the car. This is going above and beyone the call of duty but the offer was unexpected. Yes, we do recommend this hotel and the staff for anyone who may consider this facility. Gold Stars are shinning brightly at the Phenix City, AL hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

During a business trip to the area, I had a death in the family. The night manager, Latonja, was extremely kind, understanding, sympathetic, and helpful in every way. Since I do not have a cell phone, she allowed me to use the house phone to call my wife for updates on the final arrangements so that I could time my departure in order to make the visitation and funeral. She is to be highly commended for her customer care above and beyond the call of duty!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

I was staying in Phenix City AL for work for an extended time. I was getting ready to travel overseas.
I stayed at the HIEX on the US 280 Bypass and it was truely a hidden gem! At the front desk I was met with a warm & welcoming team, Ashley, Lauren, JB, Latanja, Yvonne - in any combination. They always greeted me going out or coming in with a smile and made sure my last day of stay was as good and comfortable as my first, all happy, cheerful, and beautiful.
At 630a Breakfast, I was greeted with Gary, the Breakfast Maestro. He made my morning and started my day off always so positive. He did 10 things at once and was so friendly and conversational. He seems to have been everywhere and can talk to anyone about anything. What a breath of fresh air!
Afternoon home-baked cookies were a daily treat "just for me" or at least they felt that way...
Kalvin, always seemed to find me and my collegues every few days and took the pulse of our stay, and made it that much better. He always aimed to please, fix, mend, correct and go the extra mile. There wasn't a chance for anything to go wrong - he was on top of it!
Mike made sure we always had fresh coffee and when we lounged sometimes at night that the light wasn't too dim or too bright. We stayed there during the World Cup Soccer Games in South Africa. Mike was a former Soccer player to my surprise, and had something to contribute whenever he found us watching.
Wednesday evenings is free Pizza and Wings night! YUM!
I fell in love with Alabama at the Holiday Inn Express in Phenix City and you can be sure this is where I will stay if I am traveling within 50 miles. You can't pay for this kind of service - it's homegrown.
KUDOS to Rebecca, the GM who keeps this group together! Light as a breeze, invisible and everywhere at once...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Rockville Centre, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Traveled with a baseball team for Alabama state tourney. The rooms were very spacious and clean. Staff was verry friendly and accomodating. Good breakfast as well.

• Stayed July 2010
Bedford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

This hotel was grade "A" all the way...Kalvin took really great care of us. I was traveling with my Select Youth Football Team to the national title tournament in Columbus, GA (which we won by the way!). I was traveling with 13 families and over 50 people. When we arrived at the hotel they allowed us to check in a couple of hours early...which was great because we'd been on the road from Dallas, Texas all night. The rooms were impeccable. Everything was bright, shiny and new. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable, and the beds were wonderful. As soon as I laid down after that long drive...I was out like a light.

The full hot breakfast bar was a huge money saver...and was very delicious. We were traveling on a pretty small budget, but we got the most for our money staying at the Holiday Inn Express. When the tournament rolls around again next year, you can be sure I'll call Kalvin again. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in the Phenix City/Columbus area.

• Stayed June 2010

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area

Address: 1702 US 280 Bypass, Phenix City, AL 36867 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City - Columbus)
Location: United States > Alabama > Phenix City
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area 2.5*
The Phenix City, AL Holiday Inn Express near Columbus, GA welcomes you. Our hotel in Phenix City, AL provides an ideal location near many area points of interest, such as Chattahoochee Valley Community College, the River Center for Performing Arts and Forts Benning & Mitchell. Your family can enjoy a relaxing stay at our hotel in Phenix City, right across the river from beautiful Columbus, GA & near many attractions including the Civil War Naval Museum, Idle Hour Park, the Phenix City Amphitheater & the National Infantry Museum at Fort Benning. If shopping is your preference, check out Peachtree Mall in Columbus, just 5 miles from our hotel in Phenix City, AL, or try the Columbus Park Crossing for some great bargains. Business travelers can enjoy a stay at our Phenix City accommodations near Columbus, GA because of our convenient location near area businesses such as Mead Coated Board, Aflac, Continental Carbon, Phenix Industrial Park, Synovus and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital. Our Phenix City, AL hotel offers a 24 hr business center, a meeting room and convenient business services. We also provide free high-speed Internet access. During your stay at our Phenix City hotel, you can enjoy our outdoor pool, a 24 hr fitness center & the free hot breakfast bar featuring our signature cinnamon rolls. Check out our excellent Phenix City hotel room deals and book your hotel reservation today. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia and BookIt.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Phenix City - Columbus
Holiday Inn Phenix City
Phenix City Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.