“They are just human after all.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Pell City
garden city
“They are just human after all.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Enjoyed our stay as usual. Very sweet desk clerk who made our reservation and very kind clerk the next morning. The breakfast I'm sure would have been up to par except it still wasn't served by 6:15 when we had to leave. The problem, i believe, was that the breakfast attendant didn't get there early enough to prepare it on time. However, in the usual classy Hampton way, when we complained the desk clerk immediately took care of it. I can't imagine ever not being loyal to the Hampton brand. They do what they say they will do and if they fail, they admit fault and make it right. How can you ask for anything more? There was no apparent remodeling being done at this time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ngerety, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pell City, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Rebecca H,

Thank you so much for your kind understanding of breakfast being delayed and allowing our front desk to promptly attend to this matter. As a Senior Contributor we know you have many travel experiences and genuinely thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton Brand! We look forward to welcoming you back to the newly renovated (yes-fully completed) Hampton Inn Pell City.

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Griffin, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Nice hotel, either well maintained or recently remodeled. Good location easy on and off of the interstate. Staff was very friendly but suspect not well trained due to issues we encountered during our stay. Good breakfast, wifi worked well has all the phyiscal parts to be a nice place but seems poorly managed and staff needs additional training.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ngerety, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pell City, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Alicia S,
Thank you so much for being our guest recently and sharing comments regarding your stay. We are so glad you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast and free internet. And yes, you are correct - we just completed a major renovation of the hotel and upgraded all guest rooms and public areas. We also have new team members at the hotel that are currently in training. I truly apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. Please feel free to contact me directly at ngerety@peachtreehotelgroup.com or (205) 814-3000 to share any particular details about your experience that will benefit our training needs. We are diligently working to improve and enhance our service to be equal or better than the great "new" hotel you experienced. I thank you in advance for any time and further information you can share with me.

Nancy Gerety
Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The hotel is undergoing a remodel and is physically very pretty. The beds were typically so hard my hips hurt by morning. The breakfast lady was very nice. The odors from the construction, however were migraine inducing.. Even after we asked to be moved away from them.. Our last morning I went to get coffee and there was no creamer. The breakfast lady was no where to be found so I asked the front desk for help.. she walked in to the make-shift breakfast area and randomly started opening cabinets. I pointed out that they might be located under the coffee pots and she basically told me to look myself.. OK... NOT my job.. I found them and she left.. I guess she assumed since I found them I should stock the coffee area, too.. Anyway, I got my coffee fixed and went to check out. I had arranged to pay for one night with points and one night with cash. She charged me cash for both nights even though I had reminded them on Check in that I was using points for one of the nights. When I brought this to her attention, she said "I don't know anything about Hilton Honors" Ummm OK... So I left.. I called Hilton Honors and was basically told too bad.. I called the hotel and was told I would get a refund for the one night.. I filled out the survey and addressed it and called and was told because of the 100% satisfaction guarantee I would receive a refund.. Well, I have given them until now and NOTHING.. I called the hotel this morning and left my name and number and have not received a call back. I asked who the Manager's boss was and got "I don't know.." WOW... so you do not know your chain of command... I know this review will not do anything as they simply do not care.. I do know I will never stay at a Hilton property again... ever..

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ngerety, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pell City, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Luvmysarah,

I am so glad we were able to speak about this matter and resolve everything to your satisfaction. Again we apologize that the online reservation systems deleted your request to pay by point redemption when an additional night was added.

We are pleased to let you know our renovations have been completed and we look forward to sharing a beautiful new hotel with you on your next visit to Pell City.

Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We've found Pell City to be a fine overnight location on our driving trips; the Hampton Inn makes it a smart stop. Ashley provided us with a professional welcome. Our two-queen non-smoking suite was clean and spacious with beds that were incredibly comfortable. One notable aspect is that all bedding, including the top comforter, is washed after each guest stay. There is decent parking and, with restaurants close by, one can park upon checking in and leave the car until the morning departure. The Hampton offers hot water and Bigelow tea, including herbals, which can be a comfort after driving all day. We encountered zero scent of tobacco smoke during our stay. We walked to the nearby Golden Rule BBQ and enjoyed a fun and filling dinner with ample portions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Since 2 years I stay at Hampton Inn, Pell City. Rooms are always clean, Wifi not in all rooms perfect, some rooms are a little bit loud. But I like to stay there.
The breakfast hostess (Patrice) was the morning-soul of the business, very friendly and helpful. But unfortunately she works no longer there.
If I would be a Hampton /Hilton Manager I would try to get she back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Rock Hill, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed only one night on our way back from Shreveport, LA. Typically good Hampton. Clean beds, consistent room and breakfast. Friendly staff. Nothing spectacular, but a good place to lay your head after a long day on the road.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jonesboro, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

This was my second stay at this Hampton Inn property.
The rooms are large, the beds are very comfortable and the room is very clean.
The complimentary breakfast is very good and the employees are very friendly.
I will make it a point to stay here again when my travels take me through the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Pell City? Share your experiences!