“Great hotel for stopping for the night” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Pelham
“Great hotel for stopping for the night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My 4 year old and I stayed here while we were on our way back to Fairhope. It was close to the interstate and surrounded by restaurants. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. My daughter's only complaint was that it didn't have a refrigerator. I was happy that the wifi worked so she could watch a show on my kindle before bed, since there wasn't any cartoons on tv. The lady helping at the breakfast area did an awesome job, she kept everything full and fresh, and cleaned the tables promptly, plus she was very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pensacola, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I should've known by the almost-vacant parking lot that this place wasn't worth anything. That, or the $65 (too good to be true) price for 2 double beds. We walked into our room and saw a cleaning rag left on the desk. GROSS. My husband swiped it off to the floor. The room was fine. Nothing to write home about, but nothing more. After returning home that night, we couldn't get into our room our key card wasn't working. I went downstairs, and had to WAIT for the person on duty got done smoking her cigarette! Only when her boyfriend walked through the door and said "pshhhhh (to get my attention), she's coming" did I know that this was in fact the person on duty. (WTH??) After trying to go to sleep that night, and being awakened to people stomping above us from midnight for an hour, I decided that it was a crummy place. The walls were thin, and people had no respect for others at that hour of the night.

After a horrible night's sleep, my husband went downstairs to get coffee, and had to WAIT IN LINE FOR THE STAFF TO GET THEIR COFFEE! This is unacceptable!

However, I will say that the breakfast buffet was better than I imagined.

Overall, I would've been more disappointed had I paid $90 for a king bed, but wouldn't stay here again. I would've stayed in Hoover, near the Galleria, as I originally wanted. There's something to be said about paying for comfort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was a nice Holiday inn express. It was clean, and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was decent. You can't beat the location if you are going to a concert at Oak Mountain Ampitheater. It was very noisy in the halls after the concert, but that was not the hotel's fault. They did have a bit of security in that guests were asked to wear armbands so that could make sure that people belonged there. The room had a refrigerator and a microwave. There were plently of restaurants nearby. I'd definately stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here as a last minute change of plans. Very nice Lobby and breakfast areas. Rooms look a little dated but has been modernized enough for us. One night stay was perfect. There are plenty of choices for dinner in the immediate area. The hotel has quick access to the interstate and Big Truck parking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed here, July 28, and were not impressed. We are Priority Club members and try to at Holiday Inns when we travel. This one does meet the standards I have come to expect. Upon arrival they were 5 individuals sitting by the front doors with a stack of about 18 empty beer cans and they remained there late into the night. Not exactly what I want to walk my two young kids by every time we walk in and out. The hotel was clean but seems to be completely outdated. A massive renovation needs to be done. No other Holiday Inn I've been to had this old feeling to it. The pool was extremely cold and my kids were not able to swim. The rooms were stuffy and just had the feel of an old musty motel. The two pros to the hotel were the staff, who were polite, and the breakfast, which was nice. I can honestly say, my standards are not too high to stay in a place like this, I've stayed in worse, but this is a Holiday Inn and needs to resemble one. We stayed at two other Holiday Inns on this trip and the prices were comparable, but that was it. We will be traveling through the area again but will choose a different place next time.

• Stayed July 2012
Saint Joseph MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Had to stay here last minute, staff was courteous, friendly and helpful, room was clean. Breakfast staff was great, lots of selections that we're fresh and good! We really enjoyed and would stay again!

Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed on July 14 2012 overnight with the family on the way to Destin. Check in was fast and easy, the front desk girl was polite. Our room was just a normal hotel room nothing out of the ordinary there. It was clean and it looked as though all the carpets had just been steam cleaned. The bathroom was large but was lacking an exhaust vent for some reason. The shower head was actually nice, large range and pretty powerful. The beds where comfortable but you noticed that slight roll to the middle, which means its about time to replace them. The hotel had free wifi which was actually slower then my service from AT&T on my iPad. A pool that looked decent but was crowded so we did not use, but the exercise room was a horrible joke. I usually work out 4-5 times a week, not here though. They had 2 treadmills and one exercise bike. The one treadmill was not working and the one that did sounded like it was going to fall apart. The equipment looked like it was from when the hotel opened. Free breakfast in the morning which is the normal cheap hotel food nothing great. Fake eggs,waffles,cereal,muffins, cinnamon rolls,biquits, gravy, bacon,yogurt and milk, juice and coffee. Other then the exercise room my only real complaint would be the lack of drapes in the room. We stayed on the ground floor and the drapes do not close, there is only a white sheer. So at night the huge parking lot lights, which look like something from a baseball stadium shine through the sheer. The room was pretty much lit up all night, that made it hard to fall asleep. Although easy to make it to the bathroom at night since no other lights are needed. For a normal hotel it was average, I would stay again if I was passing through and wanted some place familiar. If they setup a better exercise room and fixed the stadium esque lights by giving closable drapes it would be a better hotel.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Birmingham? Share your experiences!