I should've known by the almost-vacant parking lot that this place wasn't worth anything. That, or the $65 (too good to be true) price for 2 double beds. We walked into our room and saw a cleaning rag left on the desk. GROSS. My husband swiped it off to the floor. The room was fine. Nothing to write home about, but nothing more. After returning home that night, we couldn't get into our room our key card wasn't working. I went downstairs, and had to WAIT for the person on duty got done smoking her cigarette! Only when her boyfriend walked through the door and said "pshhhhh (to get my attention), she's coming" did I know that this was in fact the person on duty. (WTH??) After trying to go to sleep that night, and being awakened to people stomping above us from midnight for an hour, I decided that it was a crummy place. The walls were thin, and people had no respect for others at that hour of the night.
After a horrible night's sleep, my husband went downstairs to get coffee, and had to WAIT IN LINE FOR THE STAFF TO GET THEIR COFFEE! This is unacceptable!
However, I will say that the breakfast buffet was better than I imagined.
Overall, I would've been more disappointed had I paid $90 for a king bed, but wouldn't stay here again. I would've stayed in Hoover, near the Galleria, as I originally wanted. There's something to be said about paying for comfort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- STAY SMART at the Holiday Inn Express Birmingham South/Pelham. Our goal is to meet and exceed your expectations with Southern Hospitality and clean, well-kept facilities. Start your day with a complimentary Express Start Breakfast, including our Famous Cinnamon Rolls and Smart Roast Coffee. The hotel features 80 well appointed, non smoking interior guest rooms, High Speed Wireless Internet, 1400 square feet of flexible meeting space, fitness room, coin laundry and indoor heated swimming pool.Here in Pelham we sit at the foot of beautiful Oak Mountain State Park, which boasts a golf course, fishing, and petting zoo. Our property is also adjacent to Oak Mountain Amphitheater which features today's hottest entertainers, and located in near proximity to the exclusive Balantree Golf Course. After a long day you can relax at one of our local restaurants which include Margarita Grill, Applebee's, Cracker Barrel, Texas Roadhouse, Ruby Tuesday, and Hooters. We are also within walking distance of many favorite fast food restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pelham - Oak Mtn Pk Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Hotel Pelham
- Holiday Inn Pelham
- Holiday Inn Express Pelham
- Pelham Holiday Inn