I stayed on July 14 2012 overnight with the family on the way to Destin. Check in was fast and easy, the front desk girl was polite. Our room was just a normal hotel room nothing out of the ordinary there. It was clean and it looked as though all the carpets had just been steam cleaned. The bathroom was large but was lacking an exhaust vent for some reason. The shower head was actually nice, large range and pretty powerful. The beds where comfortable but you noticed that slight roll to the middle, which means its about time to replace them. The hotel had free wifi which was actually slower then my service from AT&T on my iPad. A pool that looked decent but was crowded so we did not use, but the exercise room was a horrible joke. I usually work out 4-5 times a week, not here though. They had 2 treadmills and one exercise bike. The one treadmill was not working and the one that did sounded like it was going to fall apart. The equipment looked like it was from when the hotel opened. Free breakfast in the morning which is the normal cheap hotel food nothing great. Fake eggs,waffles,cereal,muffins, cinnamon rolls,biquits, gravy, bacon,yogurt and milk, juice and coffee. Other then the exercise room my only real complaint would be the lack of drapes in the room. We stayed on the ground floor and the drapes do not close, there is only a white sheer. So at night the huge parking lot lights, which look like something from a baseball stadium shine through the sheer. The room was pretty much lit up all night, that made it hard to fall asleep. Although easy to make it to the bathroom at night since no other lights are needed. For a normal hotel it was average, I would stay again if I was passing through and wanted some place familiar. If they setup a better exercise room and fixed the stadium esque lights by giving closable drapes it would be a better hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- STAY SMART at the Holiday Inn Express Pelham/Riverchase. Our goal is to meet and exceed your expectations with Southern Hospitality and clean, well-kept facilities. Start your day with a complimentary Express Start Breakfast, including our Famous Cinnamon Rolls and Smart Roast Coffee. The hotel features 81 well appointed, non smoking interior guest rooms, High Speed Wireless Internet, 1400 square feet of flexible meeting space, fitness room, coin laundry and indoor heated swimming pool. If that s not enough we also offer a complimentary workout at the deluxe Power House Gym.Here in Pelham/Riverchase we sit at the foot of beautiful Oak Mountain State Park, which has a golf course, fishing, and petting zoo. The hotel is also adjacent to the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater which features today s hottest entertainers. We are also located near the exclusive Balantree Golf Course.After a long day you can relax at one of our local restaurants which include O Charleys, Applebee s, and 2 Pesos. We are also within walking distance of many favorite fast food restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Hotel Pelham
- Holiday Inn Pelham
- Holiday Inn Express Pelham
- Pelham Holiday Inn