“Next to loud carnival” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Pelham
Newport, Rhode Island
“Next to loud carnival”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located next door to a very loud carnival. It is 10:45 on a Sunday night and they have rap music playing. Not my ideal location will not be returning. Rooms are clean but do not appear like the pictures online.

• Stayed September 2012
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. I am so sorry about the noise coming from the State Fair. The state fair comes through for one week once a year and it is unfortunate timing that the fair was scheduled at a time when you were visiting our area. Since the area the fair sets up in is private property, we are unable to control/influence the activity there but we have forwarded the noise concern to our local officials for future consideration. I am sorry to hear that you will not be returning and do hope that you will give us a try in the future. Our award winning hotel has been recognized by our community, brand and corporate office for being a facility that provides excellence in product and service and I hope you will revisit us and give us an opportunity to better serve you, our valued guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The Fairfield Inn was an exceptional find. From the outset with bright inviting colours and welcoming staff we knew we were in for a good start to our holiday. The location is very convenient and it was very quiet. The rooms are large and clean and well kept. The breakfast was awesome: a great selection of food always well stocked!
I think what really impressed me was the fact that each and every staff member took such pride in their work and went the extra mile to make our stay even that much more memorable.
I recommend this hotel to anyone! We will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. Guest feedback helps us measure our performance and we so glad that our product and service met your expectation. Our team works very hard to ensure that each guest enjoys their stay with us and I am glad to learn that each member of our team took pride in doing this. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel. Thank you for your comments.
SW Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were on a 15-state road trip extravaganza this summer! We stayed at this hotel a couple weeks ago, taking an overnight break on our way back up north.

We got in around 1:30am. It was pretty easy to find, there was lots of available parking, and it's a great location right off of the highway. Again, we used one of those hotel discount books to get a discount on the room, and they were able to accommodate our request for 2 queen beds. The man at the front desk (cannot remember his name) was quick to get us into our rooms because we were carrying our sleepy kids, greatly appreciated!

The room was very clean and VERY spacious! We were afraid of getting in so late and our children woke up (and at ages 5 and 1.5, can be quite loud!), but the walls seem to be pretty thick.

Beds: Were INSANELY comfortable! And I'm not saying this because I was so tired; I can be quite picky of my bed and it felt awesome! My husband agreed! Everything smelled fresh and clean, and I really am big on clean! The TV was nice and had quite a few channels.

Decor: The decor was very upbeat and chic, loved the colors!

Bathroom: Again, very spacious. Had subway tiles in the shower!!! I was quite excited! The water pressure was awesome, the towels clean and fresh.

Breakfast: This was the only "downer"--but was corrected. When we got in that night, we were told that breakfast was over at 10am. So we were pretty excited to have the chance to sleep in and then get breakfast. We were completely heartbroken when we went downstairs and found out that 10am is for the WEEKEND (we were there on a Thursday morning). Breakfast is over at 9am during the week. However, the awesome lady at the front desk immediately fixed the situation by offering us what she could in the kitchen area. Most of the food had already been put away or discarded, but we did get to dine on Jimmy Dean breakfast biscuits, cereal, instant grits, juice, and coffee. I really did appreciate the prompt offer to get us taken care of! The dining area was very clean, but we took our breakfast to the outdoor seating area.

We saw the pool but (again!) didn't have the opportunity to swim as we needed to get back on the road.

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay and I can understand why it has received such great reviews! If we ever find ourselves in the area again, we would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Grab one of those touristy hotel coupon books to get an even better deal (although their regular pri...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. Guest comments help us measure our performance and show us areas where we can improve or do better. We are always pleased when we receive detailed information from guest about their stay so thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am glad that our team not only met but exceeded your expecatations and we certainly look forward to your next visit to our hotel. Thank you again!
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel is on the road that runs in front of Cracker Barrell behind some other buildings. The hotel is QUIET and the rooms are immaculate. The color scheme is blue green and black. The bathroom is the NICEST of the Marriotts I have stayed (other than the Ross Bridge). I didn't eat breakfast but I smelled it on the way out. The front desk said they have cereal, waffles, eggs, and another meat. I would definitely stay here if I had business in the Pelham area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We strive every day to not only meet but exceed guest expectations for every guest and we always appreciate when our guest let us know that we have achieved this goal. We truly appreciate your comments and I will be sure to share them with our team. We look forward to your next visit at our hotel.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The Fairfield Inn was conveniently located off I65 as we traveled from Cincinnati, Oh to Panama City Beach, Fl for vacation. The staff was friendly. The hotel was clean. A nice breakfast was included in the price. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate feedback as it helps us measure our performance and we are always glad when we have met guest expectations. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Jacksonville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My family recently descended upon this hotel for my son's wedding. I think we booked close to 20 rooms. The service we received from everyone at this facility was very personable and helpful...willing to do anything to make our stay comfortable. The rooms, pool, patios, front desk, and social area were all very clean and well kept. I recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We strive to provide excellent service and product and our entire team works very hard to achieve that. Thank you for recognizing their effort. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay while in town for such an important and special event. We look forward to your next stay at our hotel.
Marshalltown, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

So many hotels to choose from we decided to go with the #1 there is a reason for their ranking. Newer, modern and clean. Everything is a bit above the same ole "norm". Beds were extremely comfortable, bathrooms clean and modern. Breakfast had a nice variety with a few extras but don't wait until the last minute like a couple we seen. What appeared to be the housekeeping staff came in and cleaned out the hot food leaving with plates piled with bacon and fried potatoes!
Walk in rate was extremely reasonable for such a nice hotel. Staff very pleasant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel from a recent stay. We work very hard to provide excellence in service and product and always feel reassured when we receive comments like yours. I appreciate your comments about the breakfast bar...our staff should not be at the breakfast bar and this is certainly an opportunity to make corrections. Again, thank you for your comments as they are very helpful in measuring our performance. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65? Share your experiences!