“Good to the Bone!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dothan, Alabama
“Good to the Bone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Got a chance to stop by Clark’s BBQ Restaurant to test the highly acclaimed BBQ I’d heard so much about. Not only did I get a chance to order a great meal, but I got to talk with the owner/chef too. I found Chef Clark hospitable, friendly and very knowledgeable about BBQ. When I arrived, it started out with me being the only customer, but within a few minutes that soon grew into a nice crowd of BBQ patrons. I met many who said they were regulars and I had two first timers like myself, to join me at my table. I had the rib plate and it was truly something special. The meat was smoked to perfection; it was tender, perfectly seasoned and served on a plate with plenty of pieces (ribs), baked beans, potato salad and two rolls. Clarks BBQ is the kind of place that makes you feel at home; has good BBQ, and makes you want to come back for more! I know I will.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“GOOD BUT..........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The BBQ was very tasty, as well as the baked beans. I was very disappointed in the potato salad. The potato cubes did not taste as though they were thoroughly cooked - I don't care for crunchy potato salad. They also need to get there food inspection code up in 90's or I won't go back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good bbq”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Ate at this restaurant yesterday. GREAT BBQ! Owned by a retired Army CSM. Prices are great. A little higher than what was mentioned in the earlier review. I didn't give this establishment a 5/5 because of the lack in variety in sides and no desserts. There are plenty meat selections to choose from with two sides, potato salad and baked beans, with no dessert menu. The meat is falling off the bone good though!