“Nice stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Oxford
Jackson, Mississippi
“Nice stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Clean,Comfortable and quiet. I did ask for a room on the side of the hotel farthest from the interstate. The staff was friendly and competent. I would stay again. The price was under a hundred for the night even with tax. Good bargain.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the interstate.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Small room but perfectly comfortable, attractive, functional, and clean with free wifi and plenty of electrical outlets. Air Conditioner works well, staff is friendly, interstate noise barely perceptable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at Courtyard while participating at a nearby sporting event. Even though it is right by the interstate the walled area by the pool was comfortable enough to lay in the sun. Enjoyed the indoor pool and spa in the morning. Seemed to be a great value and will stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My daughter and I just spent 4 nights at the Courtyard while visiting my father who was in the hospital. The staff couldn't have been better! They were warm and friendly and everytime we came back to the hotel in the evening, I was always called by my name and asked how my daddy was. Special kudos to Barbara the evening bartender at the Bistro and Wendy at the front desk. My husband and I had the pleasure of meeting the owners on our last visit a little over a year ago and they hung around and talked to my husband and I while sitting at bar. The hotel lobby/restaurant/bar was renovated since the last time that I stayed there and is very nice. I always stay in this area because of the convenience to restaurants in the area. I would have given the hotel a 5 star rating except for the following: My daughter and I had a 2-queen bed room and the mattresses were uncomfortable mostly due to the plastic that was covering the mattresses. They did have plenty of down pillows on the beds though. Also, it would have been nice to have the mirror on the outside of the bathroom door so if someone is in the bathroom, someone else can use the mirror to get ready. We had to stay an additional night so the hotel had to move us to a king bed room due to a large family reunion and the new room was on the highway side and very noisy but there was no plastic covering the mattress on this bed so it was more comfortable. However, I did not find the beds or bedding to be very comfortable - my daughter thought they were comfortable though. I have to return this weekend and was torn as to whether to stay at the Marriott or the Hilton Garden Inn because the staff at the Marriott was so nice to my daughter and I. I decided to reserve the HGI this time and see if their beds/bedding are more comfortable. Also, it is farther away from the highway so it should be more quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel due to the highway noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We recently stayed here and booked two rooms. The room rates were a great price for a Courtyard! The rooms are really nice, and appear to be recently remodeled. The staff was very friendly at check-in. Located in an area that has many restaurants. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Florence, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here recently after getting an excellent rate through a Marriot email offer. The hotel was in great shape and the staff very friendly. The room was impressive with a large clean bathroom, nice furnishings, and very cozy bedding. I loved the mattress! So comfy, I wanted to take it home with me. We didn't have a chance to take advantage of the indoor pool or exercise room, but they appeared to be very nice. My only disappointment was the lack of free breakfast. They have a lovely dining area adjacent to the lobby with a breakfast menu, but there's a charge. We were in a hurry, so we passed on this and drove to a nearby Starbuck's.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012 via mobile

The service was friendly and great... All night long!!

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Anniston Oxford? Share your experiences!