“Good food, atmosphere needs some work” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 66 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: American
Jacksonville, Alabama
“Good food, atmosphere needs some work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have visited the Oxford, AL IHOP many times since 2005. While I LOVE the menu choices and have never had a bad meal, the atmosphere is somewhat lacking. There have been some visits where I've been seated in a booth and the seats and/or table had not been cleaned & I sat down in crumbs. Once we were seated in the back near the restrooms. Staff had the doors propped open cleaning the restrooms and the STENCH was all we could smell during our wait and while eating. Some of the staff I have experienced do not seem overly enthusiastic about customer service, and don't stay on their toes about getting your order, re-filling drinks, being cheerful, etc. Overall I would recommend it because I love the food, but don't expect a wonderul ambiance.

Visited August 2012

Blluffton, SC
“Worst IHOP in years”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Disarray among servers and cooks. Employees yelling at each other and complaining to customers about each other. Serviers with obvious attitude. Some patrons waiting close to an hour for food. Wrong orders. Food sitting under heat lamps way too long....dried out and parched. Manager spending his time wrestling with adjusting bills of dissatisfied customers instead of kicking butt on his staff.

Visited December 2012
Huntsville, Alabama
“Pretty much this or the waffle house late..lol”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Standard Ihop...good food late at night though. Server was very cool. Food come out quick and like I said the service was good. Would eat at again if in town late like that again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wasilla, Alaska
“Food and sevice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Sevice was quick but the food was less than what we were expecting. Food was cold and it came eggs first then about 15 minutes later we got the toast. Then the pancakes came and they were cold.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Like Most I-Hops”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

It's like most I-Hops I've visited, good food, good service and good prices. It's not going to wow anyone, but it will not disappoint.

Been to IHOP? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage IHOP, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.