“Comfortable and Convenient” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“Comfortable and Convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here over the weekend on the way to a conference in Atlanta. There were many restaurants within walking distance, but the restaurant inside was incredibly convenient. I loved my dinner, and the breakfast was a real treat. It wasn't just bagels and coffee, they had everything. Great food, great service. The bedrooms have with modern and clean furniture. It looked and smelled new. The adjustable bed was by far my favorite part...I suffer from back pain, and usually have trouble with hotel beds; not with this one.
While I was ordering at the bar (the bartenders were outstanding, by the way) I noticed a wedding party out front and in the ball room. From what I could see, the guests seemed to be having a great time and it looked really nice, too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

You will always receive a warm smile from the staff with impeccable professionalism. Very clean, modern and well kept inside and out. I have stayed in many hotels around the world and this is the only one that has made me feel like home. Whether you drink or not you have to stop by the bar and have a bite, a soda, water or drink; what ever you like. The bartenders are very warm and wonderfully fun people. One of them was not feeling well but he kept a smile on his face and did everything he could to keep the customers happy. Really great people throughout the hotel!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a WARNING to not stay at this hotel if you value your property.

I had a considerable amount of jewelry taken from my purse. What makes this situation worse is the hotel managers lack of response to my contacting them. I have tried calling Angela Smith everyday - left multiple messages all to no avail. She has not returned any of my calls.

I cannot change what has happened to me. And my reasons for contacting the hotel were 1) to see if by chance it had been located. 2) warn the staff management that there is a thief working at the hotel 3) protect future customers from having the same experience I have had. 4) allow the hotel to deal with the person who came into our room and took what was not theirs. It's bad enough to lose jewelry that was very sentimental to me - but it has been made MUCH worse by their lack of response. The manager at this hotel knows nothing about customer service and looking out for the customer.

Monday morning will involve me contacting the Oxford Police Department and filing a report.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I recently had a family reunion in one of their banquet rooms...the food was delicious, the servers were very friendly and helpful, and I was especially pleased with the polite and informative staff. They did a great job of helping my reunion go as smoothly as possible. Some of my family stayed in the hotel for the weekend, and would not stop talking about how comfortable and clean the rooms were. I would recommend this location for anyone looking to host an event. These people are very easy to work with.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
AngSmith, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for the great compliments and I will gladly pass this along to our team members. It takes a great team to make an event memorable and the staff is trained to deliver what our sales team promises. Hopefully we can host another event for you in the near future.

Live Oak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This chain is one of our favorites, and this location was everything we've come to expect. Modern, clean, GREAT bed and pillows, and outstanding linens. Very helpful staff and perfect location just off the interstate with nearby restaurants. Another perfect stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
AngSmith, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for writing a few words about our hotel and the great staff. We are proud of the hotel and our dedicated staff. We are pleased you had a great time staying with us. Please come again real soon.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This hotel was very cozy, the beds were comfortable, and the property was clean and relaxed. We will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
It is such a pleasure to have you as our guest in our hotel-your home away from home. Thank you for the wonderful review about our beautiful hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

n va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Centrally and conveniently located just off the highway within proximity of various levels of dining and shopping. I have lodged at this property twice a year for the last several years. It has been consistent in quality service and has always afforded a comfortable stay.

Until this trip.

There is a perceivable diminishment (albeit marginal) in the management of the property; a bit less clean, a bit less maintained, a bit less crisp.

Room service was exceptionally poor both in delivery and in quality and presentation of food. I assume this to be an exception and the manager compt’ed the meal.

Bottom line: still a good stay but fine tuning is required

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
I sincerely apologize for your less than perfect stay. We strive for perfection and our staff is very concerned that this is the way which we perceived. Your review has been the topic of our staff meeting to ensure that this will not reoccur. We would like to welcome you back in the future and I would like to have the opportunity to communicate with you directly. Please contact the hotel and ask for me, so we can find a resolution.

Angela Smith

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston? Share your experiences!