“First and last stop” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“First and last stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Cosmos is our beach treasure! Our family eats there on our way to our condo every time we come to the beach, and on our way back home. The menu has a variety to please both the adults and the kids. We have our favorites (grouper sandwich), but at least one of us tries the Chet's special of the day (savory cheesecake). Wow!!! The drinks are incredible as is their very unique beer selection ( raspberry... Yum)

• 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
West Plains, Missouri
“Dog lovers will love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The owners named Cosmo's and the gift shop, Maggie's, for their adopted pooches. Inside you'll find dog artwork and a clean, comfortable space to dine. Outdoor seating is also available with misters and fans going. Best time to go is mid afternoon or dinner at 4 bc it is a busy place. Food is excellent with some cool creations. Parmesan risotto side was my favorite! Also the owner of Cosmo's also has Cobalt in Orange Beach. Several food items are the same but atmosphere is completely different. Try Cobalt for a beautiful sunset and view of the bay. Both are outstanding!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Not your typical "beachy" restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Although Cosmo's is not located on the beach, it was a nice choice for my family--5 adults and two children--while we were vacationing in Gulf Shores. Cosmo's has a romantic, fancier vibe than most of the "beachy" restaurants you will find in the area. Animal lovers will love the paintings of dogs on the walls as well as the wine and pet novelty store on the premises. We enjoyed sitting on the deck equipped with misters and fans while we waited for a table. The bar had $1 beers on special, and we could hear the live music which made our very long wait easier. Each person at our table ordered something different, ranging from steak to a gulf seafood platter to catfish or shrimp. My steak was very gristly and fatty, but everyone else enjoyed their meals of seafood. The presentation was very nice.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Franklin, Tennessee
“Great food but terrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We came here with about 40 people and we took up the entire outside area and were split into 3 large tables by families each with out own waitress. Great idea!! Well we were the unfortunate ones that got the young brunette waitress. Wish I had asked for her name but she was so rude I didn't want to ask her anything more than needed. Our son ordered root beer and a few others ordered bar drinks and it was about 15 min after placing that order my husband asked about them and she said ill get them when I get time. Ouch really. That told us she knew her tip was included and that was how she acted the entire time. Never brought us bread, had someone else bring our drinks from the bar, and our appetizers, and food. My husband needed a refill she brought the wrong drink. Never asked if we needed anything. When asking about tickets she asked if it was all on one. Really?? This is why we all separated by families. After asking each family what they had she still mixed it up.
I also loved that she asked my husband if "that one" was with us referring to our youngest son. Get some manners and learn to serve your customers respectfully. After dinner we talked with our other friends and they had wonderful waitresses. What a shame. As for the food the cheese dip was good, I loved my crab cakes, and my husbands cheeseburger was just ok. I'd return for the crab cakes but would ask for a different waitress should the same one come to our table.

Luling, Louisiana
“Great place with fantastic service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our party of 3 adults and 6 children had lunch here on our last day in the area. My sons had the grilled shrimp and my daughter and I each had the crab cake sandwich. The food was delicious and the prices were reasonable. The service was a step above any service we had during our entire trip. The server was very attentive, kept our glasses filled and was great with the kids. Overall it was a good experience and I look forward to returning.

• Visited June 2013