“Our Room Was Perfect” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Orange Beach
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Our Room Was Perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed 2 nights and were totally satisfied and quite surprised at this HI Express. It's right on the beach and has a very nice pool/patio/hot tub area. ALL of the personal at this hotel were happy to help and even went out of their way during our stay. I have no idea about the negative reviews, I would recommend this location to anyone.
Parking was never a problem and the hotel isn't that old to be outdated.

Room Tip: South side rooms are beach front and have the best views. The higher the floor the farther from the...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Lori G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach-On The Beach, responded to this review, September 30, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express on the beach in Orange Beach, AL. We could not be happier to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend our property to anyone, that means a lot. We truly appreciate your business and hope that you find your way to the beach for a visit again soon.

Warm Regards,

Lori M. Gordon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Would not recommend this other than it is on the beach. First we had to park at a business next door as there was no parking. The elevators didn't work most of the time. The breakfast was so overcrowded & no seating we couldn't even eat. The rooms where very outdated and just didn't feel clean. The worst part the pool was so nasty you couldn't even see a person when they went under! This pool was being worked on but should of been closed until they could get it cleaned up. Beach was nice and pier was highlight of out trip in Orange beach.

Stayed August 2014
christina g, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach-On The Beach, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Hi Luv2travelMissouri,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with candid feedback about your recent stay with us. I am so very sorry to hear that you had so many issues during your stay with us. We take great pride in ensuring that all of our guests have a great experience and I am so very sorry this was not the case with your stay. Please be assured I have personally taken care of our pool. The pool is crystal clear now and we have a great preventative plan in place to ensure this does not happen again. I have also ensured that our staff is giving top priority to our guests for the elevators. Our elevators have been up and running all season but can take longer than usual when the staff us utilizing them during business hours. It is because of comments such as yours that we can improve our service to our guests Again, I am so very sorry that you encountered these issues but be assured I have addressed them all. We hope you will come back to see us again.

Forney, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I paid over $300 for a room w 2 queen beds. Despite my reservation, my room had 1 king- there were no towels, had to go to front desk to get towels & was told my towels had to be "logged". Pull out couch had bugs

• Stayed August 2014
christina g, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach-On The Beach, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Hi RebeKKC,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with candid feedback about your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not good. Please be assured I have addressed the issue with your room type and cleanliness of your room with both my management team and line level staff. Our goal is to make sure every guests enjoys their stay with us and I am so very sorry this was not the case with your stay. It is because of feedback such as yours that we can improve our service to our guests and I want to thank you again for taking the time to let us know. I hope you will come back again to see us and give us another chance.

louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Great location directly on beach,wonderful SandBar
w/ really nice bartender Billy. Delicious hot dogs @ bar. Nice pools & hot tub.
BUT rooms are barely average... haven't been updated in years! Rooms dingy & dated!
Would expect rooms to be fresh, light colors & beach themed...NOT!
Not cheap either $$$
Better deal @ condo rentals.

• Stayed August 2014
Hi mamacat10,

Thank you for letting us know how your stay was with us and I am sorry to hear that your stay was only okay. You will be happy to hear that late 2014 and early 2015 we are making improvements to the hotel such as new carpet, new curtains, update our WIFI, and update the colors of the room by updating our sofa's and chairs. I will make sure to celebrate with Billy a job well done and we hope you come back again soon.

Brandon, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Definitely a family hotel! Loads of small children and as a result, the pool smells of urine. It would be a huge help to have a toilet for the pool area. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The location is very convenient. The beach is immediately behind the hotel. Good for families with small children but those with teens should stay elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach-On The Beach, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear amosbobamus,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. I would also like to apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the guest services we offer to our guests.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Springfield, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here for a last minute trip to the beach. This hotel was very expensive for what you get and is generally not a good experience. I don't mind paying for a quality experience but there is nothing worse than paying top dollar and feeling like you didn't get a good value.

Our room had mold in the corners near the tub because the shower curtain was old and caused a lot of water to go out of the tub. Room was very dark with stains on the carpet. The door monitors had covers missing and exposed batteries. Wifi was iffy at best, often not working.

Finally, the staff, while generally good to work with just didn't seem to have the authority to make improvements. We were told check-in was at 4pm and that was very difficult with our schedule. We were told come by the hotel early in the am and get on "the list' for early checkin. We did so and even offered to pay the difference if a more expensive room came open earlier in the day, we were told we were #1 on the list. We came by and checked at 1:00pm (since we were never called) and other rooms were being checked into. We overheard the staff say they 'forgot' our room was ready but to just cover and say it was our spot on the list. One worker, named Angel seemed to think we were bothering her by asking questions. We got the feeling Angel wished there were no customers and this would make her day!

Holiday Inn Express is generally a great experience. However, this staff checkin experience and facility DO NOT live up to the brand and has worsened our brand loyalty. The Holiday Inn Express' in Goodland and Salina, KS are fantastic places with first class service and facilities. I don't mind paying much more for a place on the beach, but I do expect the value and facility to be up to normal Holiday Inn Express Standards...this place is not.

Room Tip: Do NOT Stay here. Call any of the numerous condo places and find a condo...this will make your vaca...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Spfd,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with candid feedback about your recent stay with us. I am so very sorry to hear you had a bad experience at our hotel and you did not feel like you did not get a good value. Please be assured I have met with both my line level staff and management team to discuss the issues you encountered in your room and how we can prevent this from happening to another guest. Also I have addressed with the front desk the early arrival policy so I can ensure all of our guests are not being forgotten about and that we are communication to our guests their status on the early arrival list. Again, I am so very sorry that you had such a negative experience at our hotel. I hope to have an opportunity to make this up to you and hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Lineville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I had an absolute fantastic time in your accommodations! We had everything we needed and there was nothing we could even think about complaining about. We were on the 6th floor with a beautiful view of the ocean. Billy the Bartender was awesome and every single staff member was extremely nice to us during our stay! Breakfast was a little crowded, but definitely not enough to complain about. I come here every year for a work convention and love it so much we come for family vacays too!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a beach front view!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Meaghan R,

Great Anniversary trip is what we love to hear. We are so happy that you had such a great time that you always come back. The staff will be so excited to hear of a job well done and we can't wait to see you again soon.

Christina

Been to Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach-On The Beach? Share your experiences!