“Nice View From Gulf View Room” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Beach Service Deal
Ranked #5 of 17 hotels in Orange Beach
Birmingham, Alabama
“Nice View From Gulf View Room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed her Columbus Day weekend our friends were not able to get in this hotel because it was booked up at the last minute but they were not far away. I arrived early around 1:30 and was told my room was not ready and Amber put my name on the early arrival list about 15 minutes later I received a call that our room was available, I was happy and ask was it clean she assured me it was. The hotel is a step down from where I usually stay, there was nothing fancy about the hotel just average. I usually make a request when I make reservations not to be near anything noisy and I forgot to do this and my room was near everything noisy (ice machine, coke machine, linen closet, stairs) I did not complain because we needed to check in asap. I really was not happy with breakfast thin crispy bacon crumbs, fake eggs, and bagels which my husband had a mole was on it, I advised the kitchen associate of this and after that I ate at waffle house the next day. The room was clean but dated. I think for the price this hotel needs to be remodeled but I guess what your paying for is the acess to the beach and the view. Also the employees and Amber and Michele was very friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms near exit, linen closet, ice machines are louder
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MistianneB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach-On The Beach, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your honest review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay here with us in Orange Beach. We do apologize for any inconveniences experienced during your stay. Should you choose to visit Orange Beach again, we would love a second chance to wow you. We look forward to the opportunity to be of service again very soon.

355 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way to Orlando Sept. 20th. We got the room for a great price and got to stay right on the beach. Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Being able to walk out the door to the beach was great. The swimming pool area was very nice. Our grand children really enjoyed staying there. We didn't try the breakfast because we had to hit the road early. We had no complaints and would definitely like to return for a longer stay some time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MistianneB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach-On The Beach, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Awesome! Thank you for your kind words. We will pass along and share your comments with all of our staff as a job well done. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My family went to Orange Beach for a short four day trip, and this hotel was the perfect fit for us. From the moment we arrived, we were welcomed by a very friendly staff that was helpful the whole time we were there. Breakfast was hot and plentiful, rooms were clean and spacious, and the pool area was well kept and very nice for a small hotel. This little hotel was beyond our expectations and made our trip a very memorable one.

Room Tip: If you have small children, you may want to ask for a room on the bottom floor and by the pool. Tho...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the awesome review. We strive daily to provide excellent customer service to all of our guests. We are honored that you chose our hotel to accommodate you and your family during your visit to Orange Beach. Please come visit us again very soon, and thank you for allowing us to be part of your memories!
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Checked into a room that was not ready for customers. After telling the frontdesk I was a platinum member I was upgraded to a beach view room.

Bring your own pillows. The hotel pillows were wornout sacks of loose foam rubber.

Room Tip: You'll want a 3rd floor and above on the beach side of this property.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your honest review. We apologize for any inconveniences experienced during your stay. Should you choose to stay with us again, please contact me directly at mboler@innisfree.com or by phone 251.974.1634. I will see to it that you have a fabulous stay! We hope to see you again very soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Look inbetween all those high rise condos and find this jewell. Located on the beach with beautiful landscaping and pools. Exceptionally clean rooms and grounds. Very friendly and courteous staff. All my needs have been met. Also received great suggestions for fun and food.

Room Tip: There is no bad room. I did get a coupon from the visitors center and recieved a reduced rate which...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We love our little "jewell" too. We are so very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us and look forward to the opportunity to be of service again soon!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Gulf shores how we miss you - and what a great location to enjoy it from. The hotel is a moderate hotel - great price for a excellent location! You just walk right past the pool and on to the beach. Every one from the front desk to the cleaning staff .. to the bartender in the bar (thanks Billy - NOLA was awesome based on your suggestions!) were so friendly and kind. We loved our trip so much - we almost considered staying longer and missing out on paid days in New Orleans. We will definitely be back and stay at the HI Express again.

Room Tip: The included breakfast - excellent value. Request beach towels right away since they go fast.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MistianneB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach-On The Beach, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
We miss you too! Thanks for the awesome review and come see us again very soon. Safe Travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here from sept 9, 2012 to the 14th The staff is very friendly, rooms were clean, great view in the back and sides it's one the beach and it's a great price, I would definetly recommend it to any one that wants to come down!
-Jason C.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words. We would love to have you and your family return any time. The next time you are visiting give me a heads up. We have great resources for places to eat and fun things to do. Email me at mboler@innisfree.com Hope to see you soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach-On The Beach? Share your experiences!