“Most excellent Beach Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Orange Beach
“Most excellent Beach Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel is in a great location in Orange Beach,AL, just steps from the beautiful white sand. When you enter the lobby you can tell the hotel management takes pride in how the hotel looks because the lobby was well decorated, always with coffee and flavored water and cookies in the evening. The breakfast was as good as you get at any local restaurant. I do not usually eat hotel breakfast because I do not usually find it is any good but this is truly the exception. Before I checked in , I called the hotel and had our room ready for a early check in with the crib I had requested already in the room. I can't wait to come back as you could not have gotten better customer service at a 5 star hotel!!!! Kuddo's to the staff from housekeeping to the runner bring extra towels to the from desk personnel. I will be back and I have told my friend what a great hotel it is and they should try it!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Jenny E,

Thank you for your review and for your recommendation of us to your friends! I am happy to hear that you had a great time with us and I will pass your compliments along to the rest of our staff. Our breakfast is truly the exception for most hotel breakfasts that guests run into. With our cooked to order menu as well as our buffet items we have just about everything, I am glad that you enjoyed it! We pride ourselves on customer service and please know that we appreciate you choosing to stay with us and for you sharing your experience. We hope to welcome you and your family back to stay with us the next time that you are in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Leitchfield, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We just returned from a last minute, week long stay at Hilton Garden Inn at Orange Beach. I'll start with the two things that kept me from rating this as Excellent. The first was that I booked through the Hilton reservation center that handles all Hilton's reservations. They promised me I was booking a beach front room but that was not the case. When we arrived, the desk said they had no control over that booking and could only help if they had any beach front's open or if I had been promised this by them. When I looked at my email confirmation I realized that they hadn't booked a beach front despite telling me that was what I was paying for. I learned from that experience that I should have booked with the hotel directly, online (you save 15% by booking online.) I also didn't have an email confirmation until the day before we left and had to ask for that. Be sure to check the details on your reservation and ask when you can expect the confirmation. We decided that we could still see the beach and were going to spend lots of time at the beach, so we resigned ourselves to no beach front.

The second negative was the AC in our room. I had read this in other reviews. It blows directly on you with no ability to change the direction of air flow. Therefore you can't really set in the chair which has to be located right beside the AC and the side of the bed closest to the AC can be pretty uncomfortable. We finally settled on keeping the AC at 76 degrees when we normally prefer 72. I get hot easily and in my "infinite wisdom" LOL had brought along a small tower fan. Life saver for me and 76 is where my husband prefers the temperature anyway. Oh and the AC won't work if you have the patio door open for more than just a few minutes. We found that out the hard way after the AC went out after a storm. The thermostat just said "function not available" so we kind of freaked. The maintenance man took a couple of hours to get there because others were having lock out issues. We felt a little foolish and the next time it happened, the thermostat actually told us what the problem was. It's not a deal breaker but you need to understand this AC situation before booking.

Now for the best parts. The room was very clean ad housekeeping was very good. We had repeated trouble with my husband's key but not with mine. After trying a few new keys, maintenance quickly came and quietly put a new lock. No more problems! The tv is small but adequate. Breakfast was the best part! For $10 per person ($7.50 approx. for seniors) was amazing! You could order omelets, pancakes, waffles etc. On the bar you had a choice of scrambled eggs, yummy biscuits, gravy, sausage, bacon, wonderful home fries, cereal, ceral bars, variety of muffins, danishes, english muffins, fruits etc. etc. A variety of juices, coffee, tea, etc. were available but no soft drinks.

The front desk could not have been more accommodating and when we had trouble with the lock, they thanked us for giving them opportunity to let them help (I guess as opposed to people that just get mad?) The pool and hot tub is very well maintained and we actually saw them testing the water and cleaning daily before opening. My favorite part of this hotel is that it is directly on the beach. You go out to the pool, walk down the ramp and the beach is there. It's plenty wide but not so wide that it's a long walk if you are older or disabled. The beach chairs and umbrellas are $25 a day or $45 for two days from 9-5 (I think). The guys in charge of these come around a couple of times each day to see if they can adjust the placement of the umbrella to make you comfortable. They were great!

Overall we felt this was a great stay! I see a few people that commented it was overpriced but I feel they hadn't checked the area much. They aren't cheap but are competitive with others nearby. We'd always stayed in condos and this was a great alternative, convenient to everything we wanted to do, beach, pool, hot tub, restaurants, shopping etc. The added bonus of not stayingin a condo was "no cooking!" If you are a one meal a day type of family or couple, there is a microwave, coffee pot, and adequate fridge for snacks, drinks, etc. and the breakfast is awesome. We'd definitely go back.

Room Tip: Be sure to book online at this hotel directly and not through the phone or through Hilton Reservatio...
Betty C,

Thank you for your candid review of your recent last minute getaway with us! I am very happy to hear that you and your husband had a great time with us and I will pass your compliments along to the rest of our staff. It is definitely best to make your reservation through the hotel directly or by going to our website, I do apologize that there was the confusion at check in though, if there are mistakes or confusions we try our best to make sure that you are happy and I am glad to hear that you still were able to enjoy the view from your room.
We are diligently working on our AC units in our guestrooms and trying to find a suitable solution so that the air will be able to blow comfortably throughout the room, without blowing directly on the bed or chair. I am glad our maintenance team was able to help you with the AC and the room key issue that you experienced as well.
Thank you again for your compliments and constructive criticisms and please know that we appreciate you choosing to stay with us for your beach getaway. Please keep us in mind the next time that you are planning your vacation and we would love to welcome you back!
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on our baby moon, first the positives: right on the beach, room seemed very clean, staff was polite and welcoming for the most part, however, our bed was hard as a rock, third night in our neighbors began having a nervous break down at 2:45am and screamed all night long at each other. Our door key had to be reset at least once a day even tho it was kept in a pocket and wasn't near a cell phone, magnet or anything to reset it. The staff member on the beach over charged us for an umbrella and chair so we had to have another staff member change it. All in all, probably wouldn't stay at a hilton again

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrea K,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience with us and for your constructive criticisms. I do apologize that your stay was anything less than excellent. We will address the issues that you mentioned at our next staff meeting. For the room key issue, I do apologize, it turns out that we received a bad box of keys and did not figure this out before inconveniencing some of our guests as this is not a normal issue that we have. We are also replacing the bad mattresses that we have as we are able to. We will look into the bed in your room and see what we can do, thank you for pointing it out.
I do hope that you would give us, and other Hilton properties another chance. If you are ever in the Orange Beach or Gulf Shores area please give us a call and we would love the opportunity to wow you. Thank you again for your review and we wish you safe travels.
Gainesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The room was clean and nicely furnished. A coffee maker was in the room. The internet service was free. The room had a great view of the pool and the gulf of Mexico. The breakfast selection was great. The parking was plentiful. The location is central to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
John N,

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your beach vacation and were able to enjoy some of our amenities. I will pass your compliments along to the rest of our staff as well. Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
leopold, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Quality above all else. This is the place to stay at Orange Beach. Staff was excellent at pleasing your every need. Room and whole hotel kept attractive. Lots of extras to make your stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Robert P,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! I am very happy to hear that this has been your "best stay ever" and I will pass your compliments along to the rest of our team. We try to make every guests experience fun and memorable and I am happy to hear that we were successful. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Fort Worth, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I were there the weekend and the next couple of days before July 4th. Hotel is nice and clean. We didn't have any issues that required us to interact with the staff but everyone we spoke to was pleasant. Room could use some updating, especially the bathroom. It was clean but dated. We did have low water pressure in the shower a couple of times but probably just a lot of people taking showers at the same time. Two small complaints. I felt like the hotel took advantage of the pre July 4th week and the room was overpriced. I understand supply and demand but the value wasn't there for what I paid. Also, the a/c worked, but the way the a/c is positioned it was blowing directly on one side of the bed. It made it hard to get the temperature right. If it was on it felt cold because it was blowing directly on you. If it was off it was a noticeable difference and made it feel warmer than it probably was. Overall nice hotel and I would stay again.

Glenn P,

Thank you for your candid review of your recent experience with us. I am happy to hear that you had an overall good stay for your beach vacation. We are looking into ways to make the a/c not blow directly onto the bed so that our guests can be more comfortable, thank you for pointing that out to us. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again!
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Excellent stay over the holiday. Staff was extremely accommodating check in was quick breakfast was wonderful Sharon was the most positive person I ever met. We used points which was extremely high 60000 a night. Prices were in the upper 300 not sure how people afford that. Would love to stay again if I could find better price.

• Stayed July 2014
Fit4u,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. I am happy to hear that you had a great beach getaway! Sharon is a great asset to our team, I will pass your compliments along to her and the rest of our team as well. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront? Share your experiences!