We just returned from a last minute, week long stay at Hilton Garden Inn at Orange Beach. I'll start with the two things that kept me from rating this as Excellent. The first was that I booked through the Hilton reservation center that handles all Hilton's reservations. They promised me I was booking a beach front room but that was not the case. When we arrived, the desk said they had no control over that booking and could only help if they had any beach front's open or if I had been promised this by them. When I looked at my email confirmation I realized that they hadn't booked a beach front despite telling me that was what I was paying for. I learned from that experience that I should have booked with the hotel directly, online (you save 15% by booking online.) I also didn't have an email confirmation until the day before we left and had to ask for that. Be sure to check the details on your reservation and ask when you can expect the confirmation. We decided that we could still see the beach and were going to spend lots of time at the beach, so we resigned ourselves to no beach front.
The second negative was the AC in our room. I had read this in other reviews. It blows directly on you with no ability to change the direction of air flow. Therefore you can't really set in the chair which has to be located right beside the AC and the side of the bed closest to the AC can be pretty uncomfortable. We finally settled on keeping the AC at 76 degrees when we normally prefer 72. I get hot easily and in my "infinite wisdom" LOL had brought along a small tower fan. Life saver for me and 76 is where my husband prefers the temperature anyway. Oh and the AC won't work if you have the patio door open for more than just a few minutes. We found that out the hard way after the AC went out after a storm. The thermostat just said "function not available" so we kind of freaked. The maintenance man took a couple of hours to get there because others were having lock out issues. We felt a little foolish and the next time it happened, the thermostat actually told us what the problem was. It's not a deal breaker but you need to understand this AC situation before booking.
Now for the best parts. The room was very clean ad housekeeping was very good. We had repeated trouble with my husband's key but not with mine. After trying a few new keys, maintenance quickly came and quietly put a new lock. No more problems! The tv is small but adequate. Breakfast was the best part! For $10 per person ($7.50 approx. for seniors) was amazing! You could order omelets, pancakes, waffles etc. On the bar you had a choice of scrambled eggs, yummy biscuits, gravy, sausage, bacon, wonderful home fries, cereal, ceral bars, variety of muffins, danishes, english muffins, fruits etc. etc. A variety of juices, coffee, tea, etc. were available but no soft drinks.
The front desk could not have been more accommodating and when we had trouble with the lock, they thanked us for giving them opportunity to let them help (I guess as opposed to people that just get mad?) The pool and hot tub is very well maintained and we actually saw them testing the water and cleaning daily before opening. My favorite part of this hotel is that it is directly on the beach. You go out to the pool, walk down the ramp and the beach is there. It's plenty wide but not so wide that it's a long walk if you are older or disabled. The beach chairs and umbrellas are $25 a day or $45 for two days from 9-5 (I think). The guys in charge of these come around a couple of times each day to see if they can adjust the placement of the umbrella to make you comfortable. They were great!
Overall we felt this was a great stay! I see a few people that commented it was overpriced but I feel they hadn't checked the area much. They aren't cheap but are competitive with others nearby. We'd always stayed in condos and this was a great alternative, convenient to everything we wanted to do, beach, pool, hot tub, restaurants, shopping etc. The added bonus of not stayingin a condo was "no cooking!" If you are a one meal a day type of family or couple, there is a microwave, coffee pot, and adequate fridge for snacks, drinks, etc. and the breakfast is awesome. We'd definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Garden Inn is centrally located on the beach, in Orange Beach’s famous white sand paradise mere footsteps from local casual and fine dinning restaurants, night life, specialty shops, water sports and family attractions. You’ll enjoy captivating panoramic views of emerald green waters and miles of sugar white sand on Alabama’s famous Gulf Shore. Amenities include oversize guest rooms with private balconies, full service breakfast cafe, indoor/outdoor heated pool & hot tubs, seasonal tiki poolside bar, 2,000 square feet of meeting space, fitness center, 24 hour free business center, free local calls, HBO and Wifi. We are owned by Innisfree Hotels a company built on the concepts of fun, relaxation, exceptional service and guest satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront Hotel Orange Beach
- Hilton Orange Beach
- Hilton Garden Beachfront Inn Orange Beach
- Orange Beach Hotels
- Orange Beach Hilton