“Good Beachfront Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Orange Beach
Houston, Texas
“Good Beachfront Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Good location, and great staff (the front desk folks were extremely cordial and helpful). The rooms leave a little bit too be desired....... not bad for the price though. The room wasn't the cleanest, but okay considering all of the sand that comes in the place. Excellent access to the beach. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
BobSky78,

Thank you for your candid review of your recent experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you had a good time with us and I will pass along your compliments to the rest of our staff. We are in the process of updating our facilities. We started with the lobby and public areas and the guest rooms will be coming in the future.

Thanks again for your candid review and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are in the area. We wish you safe travels until then.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Magnolia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

After three visits to Orange Beach and three stays at the Garden Hilton, we continue to recommend it as a great place to stay. We like it because it is a nice clean place to stay with direct beach access and a friendly staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Teresa S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you had a great time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the rest of our staff.

Prattville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have spent many nights at Hilton properties and can honestly say this property is not up to Hilton standards. The rooms are clean, but have things like peeling paint on the balcony that has been painted over, the trash cans seemed to never be emptied, and the landscape area needs manicuring.

The beach service is misleading. The beach personnel are contracted to serve the needs of the guests, but are not really supplying the information to help you make a choice. They will give you the rate of rental on the umbrella chair service only in daily rates, which is $25 a day. What they don't tell you is that you can rent the chair/umbrella by the hour ($5), which can be much more cost effective if you don't make it to the beach until afternoon or if the ever changing weather rains you out for half of a day. He also ASKED for a tip!

As for the hotel staff, the front desk is accommodating, as I received an early check-in upon my arrival. I will have to say that the staff in their "restaurant" are rude, disrespectful, unprofessional and less than friendly. The morning rush had arrived and the area was at capacity, people were waiting in line to be seated. As I was alone, I told the host that I would just take my breakfast "to go." I was given a to go box and asked if I wanted an waffles or omelets, which I replied I didn't think so, just normal buffet would be fine.

When it was my turn in the breakfast line, I found the egg bin to be completely empty. I asked the, what I thought was a server (which I was obviously mistaken - she had to have been someone of GRAND importance, who doesn't do the menial task of scrambled egg serving), behind the counter for eggs - meaning the egg bin was empty. She proceeded to tell me (in a very loud, rude manner) that if i wanted eggs, I would need to have a server or host and place an order. I tried to explain that the bin was empty - as she stomped off into the back. I assumed that she was on her way to bring more to the front - instead she returned with the head cook, who also arrive with an head-bobbing attitude. He wanted to know my "issue." I told him I didn't have an issue until he showed up - and he and his attitude were my issue. At which time, I left the breakfast area, as I felt I was tying to be intimidated.

I went to the front desk to voice my complaint, but to my amazement, the cook had followed me and insisted upon interrupting me as I was talking. I asked him to please leave, many times. Finally the front desk asked him to leave - at which time he proceeded to explain his unhappiness with me to the other guests at the front desk who were trying to check out. The front desk clerk listened to my story then explains that she will check with the kitchen for their side of the story. I took this very personally, as I felt she was calling me a liar. I told her not to bother. I, once again, felt that the staff of three was trying to intimidate me, making me fell like the skinny kid on the playground again.

I packed my suitcase, left the property ---- never to return again. Why would anyone have to PAY ($907 for two nights or 120,000 HiltonHonors points) to be treated with such "disrespect."

This staff needs some lessons in customer service - "The customer is ALWAYS right."

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
bluangel10,

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Memphis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stay at Hilton properties all the time and have never had problems like I had here. When I arrived at the hotel at 4pm the lobby was full of people waiting with their luggage. I tried to check in the room and was told my room was not ready, the front desk was waiting for housekeeping to "flip" the room so I would have to come back. When I asked for an ETA of when the room would be ready I was told they didn't know but to check back. I finally did get checked into my room 2 hours later. I immediately went to my room from checking in and my keys didn't work. I had to go back to the front desk to get my keys swiped two more times before getting into the room. What's more frustrating is the lack of empathy from the front desk staff. I understand these things were out of their control but they could have at least shown a little empathy or at least apologized for the inconvenience. I will definitely be staying elsewhere when I visit Orange Beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Ashley T,

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I truly apologize that you had to wait a long time to check-in. I can assure you that it is very rare for us to have such delayed check-ins, however; I can very much empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that all of your comments will be taken into consideration.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences during your stay and I hope that you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.
Alvin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I decided to switch to a hotel on the beach instead of a few blocks away at the last minute and was left with not a whole lot of choices. I will say that I am glad that I did switch because it made all the difference in the world as far as going to the beach. It is so much better to be able to just run down to the beach from your hotel and then return to clean up without having to load and unload a car. The hotel was relatively clean and updated. I say that because I can only imagine how hard it must be to keep a hotel clean and up to date on the beach. They had crews working day and night to keep the place clean and fixing things up. Even though we did not have a beach side room we had a good view of the beach from our poolside room. The room was expensive for this type of hotel but not when compared to other hotels in this area at this time of year.

Bretbuzz,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you had a great time with us and enjoyed our easy beach access. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the rest of our staff to let them know that they are doing a great job.

Pineville, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is just a Average Hotel, nothing that would set apart from the others. You'd think since it was a Hilton. Only thing was that it is on the beach, and you can get to the beach directly from the Hotel. Other than that, that is it. There is no restaurant there, If you got Breakfast, it was served in the lobby. You had to pay for Breakfast which $10.00 a person. Wifi was extremely slow and you had to be in a certain part of the room for it to work. Cellphone Service was also a Hit or Miss, sometimes you got it and sometimes you didn't. You had to share the elevators with Housekeeping. Our family stayed there for a few days . The Hotel Staff during the day were great, I love seeing smiling faces. A good morning here and there helps also. The evening staff not so much. They looked like they were not happy to be at work. Everything about this Hotel was just plain average,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Tuan N,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was not up to par. Your concerns and criticisms are important to us as it is how we are able to do our job better. I will pass your concerns along to the rest of our staff and we will take them into consideration.

Thank you for staying with us and we do hope that you visit us again in the future. We wish you safe travels.
East Dundee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We changed our plans mid honeymoon and stayed a few nights here last minute. Everything was very nice and the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating when we wanted to say another couple nights. Orange Beach is great, one of my favorite beaches.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

James L,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel and for choosing to stay with us during your honeymoon. I am pleased to hear that you had a great time with us during your honeymoon and enjoyed all that the area has to offer. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the rest of our staff.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are in the area. We wish you safe travels until then.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront? Share your experiences!