“Hilton needs to be removed from the name..nasty, some of the staff are very rude. Would never stay there again!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront

Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 17 hotels in Orange Beach
Gatlinburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Nasty hotel, poor value, Some of the staff are very rude.....room smelled like wet clothes. Pool and bar were the only good things about this place. Carpets in rooms & hall are filthy. The worst Hilton I have ever staye

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Irotn,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We are very proud of our level of service, cleanliness and quality and for this reason your comments are very troubling. Be assured that your comments are being reviewed by the management and actions will be taken accordingly. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be in the future.

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Altoona, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great place to stay while visiting Orange Beach and the beachfront room was wonderful. The rooms were very clean and the pool and fitness center also well taken care of and clean. The staff was very friendly and made our stay enjoyable. Always greeted and smiled very friendly. We will stay here again and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Oceanview is a must, beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
CarolP236,

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you had a great time with us. I will pass your compliments along to the rest of our team.

Keep us in mind the next time you are planning to visit the Gulf Shores or Orange Beach area. Thanks again for your review and we wish you safe travels until we meet again.
denham springs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel was going through remodeling during our stay so we did not get the full effect of the hotel...but everything seemed to be pretty average..the hotel room was not what I was used to as far as Hilton goes...BUT...it was fine...very convenient...we rested WELL and had a great stay!!
We will stay here again...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
melonie r,

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was glad to read from your review that you enjoyed our hotel and will consider staying with us again. However, I did want to take this opportunity to apologize for the construction issues you experienced while you stayed with us. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I sincerely apologize if we caused you any inconveniences.

We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Ballwin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

During the craziness of spring break, this hotel gave us a calm welcoming place to relax and enjoy the beach. The staff was helpful and courteous. One young man said his job was to "spoil us". He was good at his job.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jimmy240,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you had a great time and were able to relax on your vacation. Thank you for your compliments of our staff, and I will pass your kind words along to the rest of our team.

We hope to welcome you again then next time that you are in the area. Thanks again for your candid review and we wish you safe travels until we meet again.
Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Beautiful beachfront rooms. Clean rooms and very friendly staff. Wonderful breakfast. The pool is partial indoor with the majority outdoor. Though it is not deep it was heated to 85 degrees and felt perfect. Both indoor and outdoor hot tubs were very comfortable as well. Fitness center has two treadmills and elliptical and a cable cross over machine with adjustable bench. Plenty of parking including a single floor covered area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Bryan B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay and that our staff showed you our southern hospitality. I will pass along your compliments to the rest of our team. Thank you again for your review and be sure to keep us in mind the next time that you are in the area to see our new lobby! Until then, we wish you safe travels.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here one night for a race (Gulf Shores 1/2 Marathon) and it's a very nice hotel. Right on the beach, balcony, very clean and comfortable. Not luxury, but a good value. Cookies served at the front desk in the evenings. Breakfast offered (not complimentary).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3RedDoxies,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you had a great time. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the rest of our staff. We hope that you did well in the Gulf Shores 1/2 marathon! Next time that you are in the area, stop in and stay with us to see our newly renovated lobby. Until then, we wish you safe travels.
Norman ok
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I was trying to get some information on your hotel via phone. My question was going to be how far you were from the fishing pier as I am planning a spring break using my Hilton points. I unfortunately got the rudest lady I have ever dealt with on the phone named Germany. I have to ask how you identified her having the skill-set to man the front desk? My first call was "cleared" by that I mean picked up and then hung up. My second call I was put on hold, she did ask me if I mind but I did not have a chance to say anything. Then the phone was picked up and you guessed it, hung up. The third Time I called her on it, I told her if she hung up on me again I was going to get pissed.

I firmly believe that clients at the desk come first but this ladies attitude is off the chart. I want my 9 year old to enjoy this trip, your hotel looks beautiful. I need to make sure you guys want me to come here. If I need to take my business to the Hampton just tell me. I could not be more disappointed in this level of service. If you guys are swamped please tell me now so I don't let your staff ruin my time with my son.

Calls made at 8:26, 8:27 and 8:29. CST last night.

Stayed March 2013
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Kevin B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the experience that you had when trying to make a reservation with us. We are planning a Front Desk meeting to discuss the issues that you had mentioned and to train our staff to better be able to serve our guests. I understand that you spoke with Ashley, our front desk manager and that you are coming to visit us later this month. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel and to our beautiful beaches.

Thanks again for your review and we hope that your upcoming stay with us is great. See you soon!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront? Share your experiences!