“Well Maintained Beach Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Orange Beach
Gainesville, GA
“Well Maintained Beach Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I understand it is very difficult to maintain beach front hotels, this HGI does it and does it well. Common areas were spotless, landscaping was immaculate, rooms are clean and fresh. Good views of hte beach from just about every room that I could see, rooms have balconies. The only weak spot was breakfast in the morning, service was kind of slow and there were only eight or so people there.

Room Tip: All rooms are with balcony or poolside. All rooms have some kind of view of both the beach and gulf.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
underpressure,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am glad to hear that you had a good time with us. Thank you for your compliments as our staff works hard every day to make sure that our guests have a great and memorable time with us.

I hope that you will keep us in mind the next time that you are in the area. We are starting a brand new lobby and public area renovation that we believe will make our guests experience with us even better. Come back to see us and check it out. Thanks again for your review. Safe Travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Memphis, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

First of all a superb location. BUT --depending on who is on front desk -- you will encounter clerks who are there merely to watch the clock...without any graciousness or warmth. Our room - #423 had a toilet that wouldn't flush -- tired from travel, my husband fixed it night 1 -- when it broke again on day 2 -- we reported it and it was fixed promptly...due to the intervention by the manager -- however, day 3 at check-out when I reported the tub was not draining at the front desk. Her only response to me was "OK." No doubt the next guest will be faced with the same problem. I don't know about you -- but I still expect more from Hilton than that.

Room Tip: AVOID #423 -- NOISY air conditioning. Serious plumbing problems. Even during off-season, do not co...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
LizisOK,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and thanks for your honest opinion. Without feedback we cannot know how to improve our guests experiences. We do have a great location in Orange Beach. Thank you for recognizing that.

With regards to the room that you had stayed in. We are looking at all of the issues that you mentioned, including the noisy air conditioning. I have alerted our maintenance staff to the issue and we are fixing the bathtub and also looking at the toilet again to make sure that it is in working order. Thank you for pointing out the issues so that we can be sure to fix them for the next guest.

I was disappointed to hear that you had a less than pleasant experience with our front desk staff as well. That is not the type of service that we pride ourselves on and we will address these issues at our next staff meeting. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel. If you are ever back in the area, I hope that you would consider staying with us again. Thanks again for your honest review of our hotel and I wish you safe travels.
KC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The view from our oceanfront room balcony was perfect. The pool area was extremely nice, several niches with lounge chairs besides the ones around the pool, flowers, palms, and a bar. Garrett at the front desk was outstanding, so friendly, fun, and helpful. There was only a couple of things that we were dissatisfied with. I was assured when I called the hotel prior to our stay that there was a comfortable chair besides the desk chair in the two bed room, but on arrival told only in the king rooms. There were no vending machines on any floor. It was inconvenient to go all the way to the lobby to buy bottled water or a soft drink. My daughter was on crutches, so no comfortable chair and a long trek to the lobby didn't thrill me, It was wonderful to have such an easy access to a beautiful beach.

Room Tip: It's worth it to have an oceanfront room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Sandy062,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you had an overall good stay with us and I will be sure to pass your compliments along to Garrett and the rest of our staff.

I am however sorry to hear that you were misinformed when you called the hotel and when you made your reservations. I will address this with our front desk staff to ensure that our guests are properly informed prior to arrival.

Thanks again for your honest review and I hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel and to our beautiful beach in the future.
Avondale, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We just returned from a 2 night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Orange Beach Alabama. This hotel is right on the beach! The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The beds were great and the linens and towels looked new. Our room had a balcony that had views of the pool and the beach. The staff was excellent and friendly! The breakfast was great! They has everything you could ask for. The omelettes and chocolate chip pancakes were mmm mmm good! The pool was warm with two hot tubs. The pool side bar was a nice touch too. We will be booking our next beach trip here for the future and will let everyone know how great this place is.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MyTurtleSoup,

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear that you had a great time with us and will be back to stay with us again in the future. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to the rest of our staff.

Thank you again for your compliments and your honest review. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and to our beautiful beaches!
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had a great stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. The beach was wonderful! The staff was even better. I have never stayed in a hotel where the staff was so friendly. My only complaint was the mattresses, my back was hurting the first night. It's my understanding they will be remodeling soon. Hopefully the mattresses make the upgrade. Great Staff!! Thank you so much for the hospitality!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
AWatson2012,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us and that our staff was able to help make your stay great. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to the rest of our staff so they know that their hard work is being recognized.

We are going through some renovations and we hope that you stop back to see us in the future to see how we have improved. Thank you again for your compliments and your honest review. Safe travels.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We drove down on a Friday and our condo wasn't going to be ready until the next day so we needed a hotel for one night. We found a gem right on the beach. The Hilton Garden Inn at Orange Beach offers, in addition to all the amenities they are known for, a lovely pool area with an indoor/outdoor pool, hot tub, pool side bar, and beach access. Robert, at the bar, whips up a mean pina colada. While most hotels are laying out the same old continental breakfast, HGI serves a made to order breakfast that is superb for less than ten bucks. If you run into Austin at breakfast you can get some snarky commentary to go with your coffee. I love that. The staff is friendly and if you have a problem they will work hard to make it right.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MadameHousewife,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to Robert and Austin, and the rest of our staff as well so they know that their hard work is showing.

I hope that you do keep us in mind the next time that you are in our area. Thank you again for your compliments and your honest review. Safe travels.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I do not like to complain, so this is new to me. When I was a traveling rep, I ALWAYS stayed at Hilton branded hotels because there was a very high level of standards consistent throughout the chain. I trusted (and was always satisfied) that the staff, property, and amenities would exceed my expectations. A year and a half ago, an illness ended my career and rendered me disabled, therefore earning no more rewards. So I have been enjoying those. I am currently staying on the 6th floor of the hotel with my wife, as I used the last of my points to come here for our 38th anniversary. The staff has been everything I would expect. And then some. However, the property itself is run down, dated, and in less than Hilton condition. I have stayed in many Garden Inns, but this one is so-so at best. Bathroom sink with putty and mildew, air conditioner mounting all rusted, dingy bed clothing, and a shower curtain that looked like it spent its life wadded up into a garbage bag. The thermostat quit working so it got very warm last night. Too warm. The balcony has a gash in the wall, and two cheap Walmart chairs.

This is not the standard of Hilton I have come to expect and am extremely disappointed to have spent my last points at this location, and to have spent our anniversary here. The only saving grace is the staff! After all, they don't own the property!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Irish77060,

Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. I would like to apologize for the experience that you had at our hotel this past weekend. I was pleased to hear that you had excellent experiences with our staff. I will be sure to pass that along.

We are currently going through renovations of all of our public areas. We are very excited as this will bring a more modern feel to our hotel and improve our guests experience with us. We will have our maintenance staff look into the issues that you had mentioned.

If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly at 251-974-1600. Again, thank you for your honest review of our hotel, as it can only help us improve.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront? Share your experiences!