“Our haven at the end of a long drive to the beach!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Orange Beach
Nashville, Tennessee
“Our haven at the end of a long drive to the beach!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

On Friday December 28th we headed down to Perdido Key for a quick New Years Eve trip to the beach. We had reservations for a late check in for a condo on the beach. Unfortuntately when we got in at 10pm, our keys were NOT in the lock box at our rental office. Not knowing what to do, we drove over into Orange Beach and thankfully there was this Sleep Inn and they had a room! We had never stayed in a Sleep Inn before and we had no idea what to expect. But much to our happy surprise and relief, this was a really nice and cozy place to spend the night. It was decorated in a modern style, peaceful spa like colors. Our room was small but very clean and nicely furnished. Our bed was comfortable too. It even had some really nice black and white photography on the walls. Our bed was comfortable and we felt really rested when we checked out. The staff was very friendly. When we asked about a mini mart to go get a small carton of milk, the guest clerk got us two cups of milk for us so we would not have to go out late in the pouring rain! We slept very comfortably. The next morning we had a free full breakfest. We were very happy with our short stay! We plan to stay in other Sleep Inns in our future travels. In fact we've already booked a room at another location in the summer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We arrived at the Sleep Inn on Christmas day afternoon & Ruth that was at the front desk was friendly, helpful & very pleasant. The room had a ocean view, we enjoyed opening the patio door to listen to the surf.Walking out the back door & 50 yards to the beautiful beach was grand! We sat on the beach each evening to watch the sunset also grand!
The breakfast area is open, lit well & clean. The selection for breakfast was nice & fresh.
When we return, we will be staying her.

Central IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We spent the last two nights at Sleep Inn. We were also there in 2009. We find the hotel fits our needs and the beach is the best. The sunrises and sunsets can't be beat! The rooms have been remodeled with nice bedding. The breakfast has been expanded to a full breakfast. Also, Destin, Pensacola Beach and Gulf Shores are an easy drive away. There are many amenities and activities close by. We will return for a third stay when visiting this area.

Room Tip: The views from the beachside balconies are beautiful and worth the few extra dollars. Call ahead to...
Philadelphia, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have stayed at this locatiuon several times over the years and always been satisfied. This summer I had a very bad experience with the Maintaince Manager he proceeded to verabily curse me and would not shut up, even after I told him it was an honest mistake and I apoligized. I had borrowed something that was his admitted I did apoligized for not knowing, but he continued to curse at me after I kept apoligizing, and told him a house keeper had told me I could borrow the item just return it. I do not lie I try to be an honest person and it was an honest mistake on my part. He was embrassing me after I told him I was sorry but he just kept on an on. This is not the kind of place I want to stay when upper management is allowed to talk to guest as he did , the front desk apoligized for his actions but he never did. Needless to say I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Sleep Inn is an affordable, cozy, beach front-hotel, that will meet your need to relax and just be a beach bum for a few days. This smallish hotel sits among grand condos, yet it offers the same wonderful white sand beach and getaway atmosphere as the more expensive giants do next door. Yes, the beach is it for me, and Sleep Inn offers me and my family the means stay on it. The other hotel ammenities are just icing.The Inn itself is clean, friendly and offers the usual.The breakfast and breakfast area is just fine. The food is plentiful, usually you can chose from selection up until breakfast time is over, 10:30. I love this about Sleep Inn, in some hotels this is not the case, when the food runs out it is not restocked, so you feel compelled to get up at the break of dawn just to be able to find something leftover. Once again, this is not the case at Sleep Inn, sleep late and wait until 10, it will be OK.
P.S. ask for gulf view, I always do and it's worth it, the last time I stayed one or two pods(hundreds) of dolphins appeared and put on a fabulous front row show!

Room Tip: Ask for gulf view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here one night. great location close to shopping and restaurants and of course the sandy white beaches of the Gulf. Stayed on the east side of the hotel so I had view of the Gulf even from the side the other side of the hotel is blocked by a condo. The front rooms have a full sized balcony. My room had a weather check balcony you could step out but that was about it. the room was average nothing special and the breakfast was okay with hot waffles.

Room Tip: stay on the east side or Florida side of the hotel because you will get an ocean view otherwise pay...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

October of 2012 was our 3rd yearly vacation stay at Sleep Inn, Orange Beach, Ala. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The hotel was re-modeled in the past year and is clean and very affordable. The gulf front rooms are comfortable and it's very relaxing to sit on the balcony and listen to the ocean waves. There are several family owned restaurants nearby or a short drive into Gulf Shores/ Foley for the larger chain restaurants. The beaches are very family friendly. We have always had a good experience and will stay there when we're in Gulf Shores.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn Gulf Front Resort? Share your experiences!