Just checked out a day early and felt compelled to write a review immediately to warn others looking to book a vacation to stay away from this place! My husband and I booked a vacation for ourselves and our 18 month-old twins. We typically stay at Martinique on the gulf or Phoenix properties but decided to try caribe now that we have kids.
This "resort" is VERY poorly maintained. Stains on the sofa and chair cushions, towels, bed linens, curtains, etc. The whole place needs a good cleaning- it's filthy.
The indoor pools were freezing and smelled the chlorine so strongly I hated to bring my toddlers in there.
There is absolutely NO service whatsoever... Don't let the name "resort" fool you.
After walking around the condo for just a few minutes when we first arrived, our feet were BLACK.
Washer, dryer, and tv's were in very shotty working condition.
Lazy river was way too shallow, dirty, and unsupervised. There were young kids acting like maniacs and being very unsafe in the lazy river and on the slides.
The location and proximity to the beach is HORRIBLE! The beach "trolley" was a van with soaking wet seats that drops you at a parking lot. THEN you have to walk about a half a mile down a boardwalk then across the sand only to get to a unpretty beach.
I will list the positives for fairness: the rooms are spacious, the zero-entry pool was great for our toddlers, and we liked the ice machine in the room.
Overall, this place is simply not nice whatsoever and we will not recommend to our friends. We are actually checking out a day early as a result.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hotel
- Caribe Resort Orange Beach
- Caribe Hotel Orange Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Of all the vacation rentals in the Gulf Shores, Alabama area, the Caribe Resort in Orange Beach boasts the finest and most amenities of any resort along the Alabama Gulf Coast. Situated along pristine, unconstructed shoreline, the Caribe Resort is a treasure among the sugar sand beaches of the northern Gulf of Mexico. Among our luxury accommodations you will find an incredible array of pool space, along with stunning vistas of beachfront sunsets. Our comforts are designed with fun in mind: lazy river, tennis courts, saunas and steam rooms, game room, private beach cart service, restaurant, and much more. If you are looking for a unique vacation idea, our condo rentals provide a ticket to the most relaxing, picturesque, amenities-packed resort Gulf Shores and Orange Beach have to offer. Serving as both a family friendly hotel and honeymoon spot, the Caribe Resort will provide an unforgettable vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Caribe Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.