“Fun and tasty!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 115 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Lithia, Florida
“Fun and tasty!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stopped by on a Sunday afternoon looking for a casual place with a nice view. We were seated on the elevated porch with a great view of the waterway watching boats come and go. A full bar is available with a nice beer selection... Even some nice draught selections. We ordered oysters on the half shell which were excellent and only $7.95/doz. The tacky shrimp in a spicy sauce was excellent too but a little pricey for the serving. Inside seating was available. This place can be reached via a 20-30 min bike ride on the trails from Gulf State Campground.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dalton, Georgia
“Right on the water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We ate outside and enjoyed watching the boats and sea life. We had breakfast there. The Farmers Omelet is the most popular item and it was good.

Visited August 2013
Alabama
“Great for breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

When you're in the Gulf Shores - Orange Beach area, Tacky Jack's in Orange Beach is a great place to enjoy breakfast. Sitting outside is a real treat if you enjoy watching the fishing boats heading out in the morning. That's around 7 AM. They open at 6:30 AM. The staff are friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Oh, the food ain't bad either! My favorite is the Farmer's Omelet, which comes in 3 sizes. Be prepared for a lot of very tasty food. I ordered the medium size, and then began ordering the small, and I'm a hearty eater. I've eaten at TJ's for lunch, but I much prefer their breakfasts. I like other places for lunch and dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Henrietta, Texas
“Famly friendly and great fun! Large menu for variety of dietary needs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I originally had not wanted to go here to eat, but I did plan to attend the free kid activities. We went on an afternoon that the zoo visited. The visit was held in a shaded area by the water.
It was great, and all of us enjoyed it. They offered activities most days of the week which provided a short break from the beach and a fun and educational experience. They even offered free popsickles. We decided to stay for lunch after someone told us the food was good...plus...let's face it...we were already there at lunchtime (no accident for these activities to be held at this time... I am certain).
We sat outside, so we could see the marina.
I found the menu to be large and and caters to a wide variety of dietary needs. I am a low fat..fish only...veggie girl...my hubby likes fried and comfort food...., and I have a picky five year old. We all had plenty to choose from, and everyone enjoyed their meal. It was prepared well and tasted great.
The place is visually stimulating with bright colors and the marina.
I found the service to be very friendly!
I would go back and recommend it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

First time to Orange Beach and was very disappointed in this place!! Very greasy food! We ordered 3 appetizers and one kids meal and a few adult beverages and our bill was almost 70.00!! I don't mind paying that kind of money for good food but this was not good food at all! Very disappointed!!!:-(

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere