“Acceptable fresh seafood in a noisy "low atmosphere" environment” 3 of 5 stars

+1 251-981-7305
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fisher's at Orange Beach Marina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 115 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Hamburgers, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Crivitz, wi
“Acceptable fresh seafood in a noisy "low atmosphere" environment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had the fried seafood platter. The portions of oysters, shrimp and scallops were as expected, but there was a very generous portion of crab claws. Quality was what I have come to expect of fried seafood coming from the oyster/shrimp/scallop/crab/chicken/??? fryer. My wife had the blackened fish tacos (mahimahi). They were quite tasty - once she added the additional sauce she requested to offset their dryness. Service was average and noise level was quite high. A nice place to take the kids for seafood, but not the place for a quiet dinner.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Orange Beach, Alabama
“We love Fisher's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Everything about this restaurant is amazing, from food to service, etc. We will be back and we will tell our friends!

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Wow! Very Impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I live in New Orleans and am surrounded by great food, James Beard award-winning chefs and restaurants that I get to experience day in and out. Fisher's is just as amazing, if not better, than anything you can find in Nola. (And that's saying a lot!) The space is beautiful, open yet intimate at the same time. And the service, from start to finish, is spot on. Very attentive, but not annoyingly so, extremely knowledgeable about the menu, cocktails and wine list, friendly and happy to help. You can tell the staff loves working there - which, if you've ever been in the service industry, is a huge testament to the place. Lee, the bartender, started me off with The Distraction - a delicious concoction of cinnamon and apple infused bourbon, mint, and their house-made lemon-lime soda. My friend had The Intimidator, which features a house-smoked bourbon. All I can say is that I need to learn how to make smoked bourbon, stat. It was one of the best drinks I've had in a while (and like I said, I live in Nola...) For dinner I had the crispy pork cheeks and a side of brussel sprouts and split the butter poached scallops. Pork cheeks are popular these days, so it's something I've had before, but these were some of the best ever. Served with perfectly pureed sweet potatoes and a basil infused oil, it was comforting and paired wonderfully with my bourbon cocktail. The scallop was delicious, fresh off the boat and those brussel sprouts. There are no words. They're sauteed with olive oil, a hint of ginger and bacon lardons. I would drive down from New Orleans and back in a day just to eat them.
Johnny, the proprietor, was awesome and took a genuine interest in everyone there. Tyler, the sous chef was even out talking to customers. Overall, it was really one of the best dining experiences I've had in a while. If you are in the area (or not!) I highly recommend checking out Fisher's. I guarantee you'll be a hooked as I am.

Orange Beach, Alabama
“Amazing food, top notch service, fresh atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Are you disappointed in the last place you ate at on the beach road? Here's a hint: GET OFF Hwy 182!! The best of the best is Fisher's! There are two restaurants in one location: Fisher's Dockside and Fisher's Upstairs. Dockside is a bit more casual, but just as delectable as Upstairs. Dockside menu includes items like mahi fish tacos with red cabbage slaw, pork tenderloin with roasted zucchini, grilled grouper with an indescribable sauce, and much much more. Dockside also does Sunday brunch. Fried oyster Benedict anyone? Upstairs is only open for dinner: 5pm-until. Reservations are not required, but suggested. You can come dressed up, but you'll see plenty of people in flip flops and Guy Harvey t-shirts. Fried brussels sprouts, shredded zucchini and squash salad, grilled amberjack, sweet onion marmalade, red-snapper ceviche, creme brûlée, glazed duck...not sure you know what it is? Order it!! Everything on Fisher's menu is prepared by food lovers for food lovers. A local menu developer got ahold of a New Orleans chef and together they make magic. Smoke infused bourbon manhattans, rosemary simple syrup sea spray, home made lemon lime soda-and that's just the drink menu! Creative, varied, unapologetic about flavor. Even their tomato bisque stands your taste buds to attention. Did I mention home-made, fresh-churned butter? The menu changes frequently depending on the season and what can be gotten fresh, so if something I mentioned isn't there don't shoot me. From the crisp, fresh decor, to servers who love the food as much as you will, Fisher's will have you coming back night after night to try the entire menu. A trip to Orange Beach isn't complete until you have experienced Fisher's. Mr. Johnny Fisher has captured the spirit of our town in his creation.

Visited March 2014
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“ALL PAST REVIEWS ARE TRUE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

All the 5 stars and glowing comments about Fisher's are valid. We have been 3 times. Downstairs lunch last summer. Even hot, the fans were plenty cool and sandwiches perfect. Second time in same part to watch Auburn Alabama game, November, 2013. TV's placed just right. Great burgers
And football appetizers. Last night we ate upstairs for dinner. I'm an oyster expert & my roasted oysters were some of the best ever-not over cooked, not fried, not over dressed with toppings.
Great waiter rec'd the scallops entree and was he ever on target! Husband's classic wedge salad
(only one without meat/seafood) and amberjack were fresh and perfectly prepared. A dinner meeting this New Orleans top standard deserved a creme brulee and coffee. They too met our
Expectations. To be able to make a RESERVATION has LONG been needed in the "Redneck Riviera" and that also adds to Fisher's. Look out other places claiming to be "fine dining" in this area!

• Visited February 2014