“Great old seafood place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 115 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great old seafood place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Lots of really good seafood. Apps were very good, gumbo, boiled shrimp, salads. Fried and grilled seafood was hot and reasonably priced. Very good old type atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Antonio, Texas
“Good, but just good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

After my filet came back from being too rare to the way I like it, the meat was definitely good. It was the crab legs that were the problem. Being on the gulf, I expected the chef to know how to steam them. Instead, they were overly steamed and dried out. Stick the the filet or ribeye and you should leave satisfied.

Visited July 2013
Orange Beach, Alabama
“YUMMY steak and shrimp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We live not far from this establishment and decided to take my parents and their friends from Atlanta here to eat. Service was friendly and they had a great crowd, my boys love their shrimp. My parents and their friends and my husband and I all ordered steaks and they were great, cooked to perfection.

Visited June 2013
Spanish Fort, Alabama
“Good steak in Orange Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My experience with most of the restaurants in the Orange Beach/Gulf Shores area have not typically been very good. We decided to skip the tourist seafood traps this year and try some new small places. Diamond Jims and Mrs. Donnas claimed to be the best steak in the area so we gave it a try. I can say that the steaks were huge and delicious. Every steak in our party of 4 was cooked perfectly to order. I would not say that it is the "best steak ever" as some other reviewers claim, but it is definitely worth a try. The price is a little on the expensive side, but hey, rent is high at the beach so I don't mind paying higher prices for decent food. We will eat here in the future when we are in the area. This is a very casual restaurant, so don't get dressed up.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alabama
“Unexpectedly delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We loved everything about this non-chain-restaurant. The BAMA Shrimp appetizer was enough to feed more than just the two of us, and was excellent. The huge steak was perfectly medium rare; the gumbo was some of the best I have had in a long time. We will be back!

Visited July 2013