“Good choice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 115 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Get Hooked! Here at the Compleat Angler Seafood Grille and Bar we offer Southern Gulf Cuisine with a Caribbean touch, boasting the finest seafood gumbo, the biggest and best burgers in Alabama, and the most stunning views of the sunset anywhere on the Gulf Coast. Our Pina Colada's are the best on the planet. Seafood is bought locally, whenever possible. Our chicken, burgers and steaks are always fresh, never frozen! Produce and other ingredients are garden fresh and bought daily to ensure a Compleat Meal! We proudly serve Alabama Gulf Seafood! We also offer waterfront dining.
“Good choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We were not disappointed in this choice for dinner. Nice decor on the pier. Very large menu so there is a selection for most palettes. Good gumbo, not too spicy. Delicious crab cakes and the salads are cold. & crisp. The service was good and staff was very friendly.

Bloomfield Hills
“Great food and good prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I've visited this restaurant a couple times now when visiting my in-laws in Orange Beach. The staff is always friendly. The food is excellent, especially the shrimp! Their happy hour prices are a plus, too.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
“Baumhower for President!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

OMG! If the country was run by Bob Baumhower we would all be better off...and well fed! I love going to the Compleat Angler because it is so well run. The staff is so well trained, the menu is so good and the experience of sitting outside, with our dog, drinking beer and eating Fried Wickes keeps me coming back every winter. I often I feel I can cook better food than most of the restaurants we go to...but I think The Compleat Angler would be hard to duplicate much less beat. Stop and enjoy. You may come as a stranger but you will leave as a well fed friend.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
“Hidden Beauty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

It's hard to tell from the outside, but this place is a hidden gem of a restaurant. The food is very good and reasonably priced but it's the waite staff that make the place. Eager to please without being intrusive and always with a smile. I've seen them handle abusive customers professionably and with little fuss. I wish they worked for me!
Lunches are very reasonable and (according to my wife) the best she's had, and she's picky!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Overlooked the marina, the shrimp were perfect, loved the waiter John from Nashville, the slaw was VERY good,clean, enjoyed very much.

Visited January 2014