“Very Nice Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 119 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Mobile, Alabama
“Very Nice Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We had a very pleasant experience eating here for lunch. The service was very good and unpretentious. I had an omlette and my wife had French toast. Both were very good. The dining room looks out over sort of an upscale marina, which is nice. I think everyone gets a complimentary mimosa drink, which is a good touch. I can't think of anything remotely negative to say about it. Everything on the menu looked good and we will certainly go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Beach worthy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Excellent and always dependable. Service was impeccable. The best grouper dishes on the peninsula . Very accommodating for our group of 14.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, TN
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had dinner last night with my husband and daughter who were craving seafood. Daughter got the stuffed shrimp and it was wonderful. My husband got the fried shrimp and said he'd get the stuffed shrimp next time. The twice baked potatoes were good and the hush puppies were a tasty treat. Not liking seafood, they prepared me an adult version of their kid's grilled cheese which was very good and much appreciated by this non seafood eater. That said, we will definitely return! The waitstaff was the best we've had while in AL - superb! Oh - and the view is lovely.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Its not Louisiana but still good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We are repeat customers but tonight due to another commitment we had to dine very early and arrived at 5pm. Maybe they were still getting prepped for the evening rush but from the hostess to the waitress we were treated as if we were inconveniencing them. Most of the food made up for the staffs abrasiveness. The lobster rangoons were an interesting appetizer. We had an assortment of apps and enjoyed them all. The bass special was excellent but unfortunately I decided to add on a lobster tail to my ribeye. The steak was cooked wonderfully but the lobster was horribly overcooked, same for my father in law who also had lobster. Last August I had the same dried lobster from here so I've learned my lesson.
Overall we enjoyed the exerpience and have in the past. If not for the rough start due to the staff and the twice killed lobster I would have given 4 stars instead of 3.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Naperville
“Best meal in Orange Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had been in Orange Beach for 2 weeks and Louisiana Lagniappe has been the best restaurant we visited. It started with our waitress Tracy who was very helpful, informative and professional. Her reccomendations on food and wine pairing were outstanding. The $45 deal for 2 was a terrific value. The 2 grouper dishes we had were prepared to perfection. We will certainly return for another meal.

• Visited January 2013