“Nice, but crowded” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Perdido Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561   |
Slidell, LA
“Nice, but crowded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

We had several condos for a family reunion. All were nice, some very nicely appointed. Our only problem was that there were just too many people. The pool was crowded, the beach was crowded, and getting an elevator was very difficult at peak times. I do have to give them props for an abundance of luggage carts, a real problem at other complexes.

• Liked — Rooms and view
  • Disliked — Overcrowded
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Marietta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

For a condo on the eleventh floor with a simply beautiful view, this condo was a horrible experience! The sofa was broken (almost impossible to get up from) and the only other chair in the living area was even worse. The oven didn't work but no one told us until we had burned our breakfast. The chairs on the balcony were of such cheap plastic that they literally folded up when one sat down. Just terrible! I consider this a real shame for a real estate company to offer it to guests at the same price as other beautifully decorated condos.

Stayed August 2008
Mobile,AL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

This place was like staying next to a frat house. College age people kept us awake until well past 2am every night.Security would not enforce "quiet time." Then on the beach during the day ,the college people were drunk , loud , and so inappropriate ,we had to leave the beach with our 3 & 5 yr old kids. We paid alot of money for this trip and were extremely disappointed in the way our complaints were handled.

Jackson, MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

I enjoyed being inside the condo but, outside the condo was a different story. I was so devastated to see how racism still exist. My family and I was being stared at everytime we walked out of the building and into the pool area. When we first arrived, me and my two little girls (ages 3 & 6) were waiting on an elevator. While we were waiting 2 ladies were waiting as well, then an elevator arrived and one of the ladies stated that it was not enough space in the elevator for me, my daughters, and a push cart (buggy). I knew that there was enough space. So I remained positive and ignored it. Later we went to the outside pool, everybody stopped and starred. It was so quiet. I was so happy that my daughters did not realize any of this, they just wanted to swim and have fun. So the next day, we went out to the pool area again. This time the pool was crowded and once again, everybody was starring. So my husband and I remained cool and took the kids into the pool. By the time we got in the pool, everybody moved to the other side of the pool. I could not even believe it. I wanted to cry so bad because I had never experienced this, until now. We wanted to pack our things and leave immediately, but for the money that we paid we continued our stay. So we spent the rest of our time in gulf shores and foley. This was my first and last stay at the Phoenix East II.

• Liked — Beach view
  • Disliked — no comment
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Fairfield, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

This is my second time staying in a Pheonix property (numbers six and seven), and my family has loved it both times! It may not be ideal for a "romantic getaway," however, it is great for families with kids of all ages. It is by far the most relaxing vacation I've ever taken. With a full kitchen/living room/washer dryer, you still feel "at home." We never had any problems with employees or fellow guests. The rooms and overall property is kept clean. Also, Orange Beach/Gulf Shores/Foley are great towns with wonderful food, shopping, golf, deep sea fishing, parasailing, go carts, mini golf, etc. My family will go back again and again! As with most condos, make sure you bring laundry detergant, dish soap, paper towels, toilet paper, and food - they property only gives you a certain amount for your stay. All rooms have a balcony with full ocean view.

• Liked — Laid-back, family atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hayden, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

We stayed the weekend of June 6th. We were actually looking for a newer building, but Brett Robinson offered one night free and it was too good to pass. We had a great time. Condo was older, but very clean. We loved the free internet service too. We met our owner/neighbors next door and just had a wonderful four day weekend. My only issue I had with the our stay was that the condo is just too far back from the beach. It was a beautiful, but long walk from the pier. We were very surprised and pleased with how the beach was not cluttered with tons of tents & forgotten toys scattered all over. Our last stay at the Phoenix East several years ago, was disappointing with the amount of stuff left for someone else to collect. We also found a great new place to eat. The Hangout in Gulf Shores. Great wide-open beachy restaurant. Nice menu and great music. I believe this place just opened this summer. We just hated for our short time to come to an end.

• Liked — Great deal from Brett Robinson
  • Disliked — Too much beautiful sand to get to the beach
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

Me and my family just returned from a trip to Orange Beach. We stayed at the Phoenix 8 in condo #406....3 bed, 2 bath. The condo was nice and clean with a great view of the beach and pool. It had a spacious balcony. We went for the fourth of July holiday and the fireworks were beautiful both July 4 and July 5. The condo was comfortable with everything we needed. The beds were comfortable and I am very picky when it comes to beds. The beach was beautiful...white sand, clean. The lounge chairs with umbrellas were convient and we also brought a tent which was nice for the kids to enjoy without getting too much sun. The pool area has four barbeque pits which we used to have a pool party. Everything was really nice. There was a board walk that goes to the beach. I enjoyed my weekend and would like to return to stay in condo 106. It is only steps away from the pool. This place also has an indoor pool, jacuzzi and work out room. I was satisfied with our accomodations.

• Liked — scenery and convenience
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Phoenix Condominiums? Share your experiences!