“Great boat tour!” 5 of 5 stars

Saint Louis Park, Minnesota, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Great boat tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had a wonderful time this morning on Captain Skip's nature tour. It was interesting learning all about oysters, crabs, etc but the highlight was the interest a pod of dolphins (including a baby and THE Mr. Friendly) took in our shrimp net. Definitely worth the 5:30 am alarm. :)

Visited July 2013
CaptainSkipofOB, Owner at Sailaway Charters, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thanks so much for trusting me with your family to provide a safe informative cruise. I try very hard to make sure we see as much wildlife as possible on my cruises. Thanks for writing a nice review. I hope to have your family cruise with me again someday.
Thanks,
Certified Nature Guide

Chicago, Illinois
15 attraction reviews
“Awesome boat ride!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Captain Skip educates and shares his love of the AL water creatures. By the end of your pontoon cruise w/ him, you'll have dolphins and pelicans and all birds coming to you for scraps. Wolf Bay is a lovely,quiet space when needing a break from the busy beaches.I didn't know such pretty boating areas were so close. Highly recommend this adventure!

Visited June 2013
CaptainSkipofOB, Owner at Sailaway Charters, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's an important way to know how your guests really feel about the cruise. I try very hard to make sure all my guests have an exceptional cruise.
Thanks.
Tillar, Arkansas
“Good times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife, 8 year old son, 4 year old daughter, mother-in-law, and I went on the 2 hour nature cruise. It was great! Captain Skip was very informative and the trip was a lot of fun. Very laid back. We saw an abundance of wildlife. He also gave my son a tour of his sailboat. Good times! Thanks, Captain Skip! It was truly a pleasure!

Visited June 2013
CaptainSkipofOB, Owner at Sailaway Charters, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
I'm so glad your family had a good time on my nature cruise. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review.
“Skip's Shrimping Excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I and our 6 and 8 year old took the 1 hour shrimping trip with Skip and had a great time. Although Janet didn't go with us, we got to meet her and she was as nice as she could be, showing the children some baby birds in their yard before we headed out to sea. Skip was friendly also, and very knowledgeable about the sea life we saw. He gave the kids a list of birds and fish with pictures that they could look for during the trip and was good about making them feel very involved. When he pulled in the catch, he poured the fish into a 20 gallon aquarium onboard and gave the kids rulers so that they could scrape the fish back into the ocean that we released. We caught about 6 pounds of shrimp that we took back to the beach house and boiled to make one heck of a shrimp dip to enjoy by the ocean. We will definitely be looking Skip up again when we come back to the area. I highly recommend his trips.

Visited June 2013
CaptainSkipofOB, Owner at Sailaway Charters, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your nature cruise with Sailaway Charters. I'm so glad your family had a great time and would consider cruising with me again !
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Great Nature Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our family took the 2 hour nature cruise with Captain Skip over Easter Break in 2011 and it was wonderful, a nice break on a cool morning from all the beach activities. Captain Skip was very informative and nice, the kids really enjoyed it. He showed us how to harvest oysters, pulled up his crab traps and we were able to look at the blue crabs, and then the best part was putting in the shrimp net. We were able to examine some of the catch, not all are shrimp, before tossing it back. And of course, we saw some dolphins, which was also a highlight. Thank you for a memorable outing!

Visited July 2012
CaptainSkipofOB, Owner at Sailaway Charters, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
I'm so glad your family had a great trip. I appreciate you taking the time to review my cruise.
Thanks,