“Best sandwiches-a must!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 115 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“Best sandwiches-a must!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My favorite lunch place hands down-love it!!! The spot is small but its because everything they create is quality. Great wine, delicious food and a clean yet cozy atmosphere is what makes it. I always make a point to eat there

Oneonta, Alabama
“Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

My family and I eat at the Grape Escape every time we are in town and recommend to everyone. My favorite is the Portobello sandwich and the tomato bisque soup MUST be infused with some magical ingredient.

Visited October 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great Sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed at the nearby Fairfield Inn and stopped by for lunch twice during the week.
The food was excellent. My wife ordered a "breadless" sandwich and the presentation was fantastic.

Visited December 2013
Erwin, Tennessee
“Best Cuban sandwich north of Miami.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The Grape Escape Deli and Wine Cellar is wonderful place for late breakfast or lunch. Their hours are 9 to 5 Mon-Sat, closed on Sundays. It is a small, spotlessly clean, friendly deli with a surprisingly large menu. It is located in a shopping center and parking should never be a problem. Their beverage selection included several popular, inexpensive wines as well as choices for a connoisseur. Charlotte and I chose a bottle of Apothic Red at an excellent price and decided on Cuban sandwiches. I wish we would have another opportunity to return on this vacation, however there are so many good places to eat in Orange Beach and Gulf Shores and so little time. .

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Elberta, Alabama
“Best Lunch on the Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I should qualify that; if you're looking for a sandwich or soup or a salad, then it's the best lunch you can find on the island. Grape Escape offers a huge variety of sandwiches (and things like them), soups that change almost every day, and salads to choose from. My wife and I love eating here when we're looking for a quick bite in Orange Beach. Her favorite is the Salmon Wasabi Wrap and often goes for half with a cup of soup. Their tomato basil is delicious. I really enjoy the Cuban myself. Most sandwiches comes with chips as well.

The service is always great. Sometimes they can get pretty busy, but people are friendly and try to please everyone. The prices aren't the cheapest on the island for a soup/ sandwich place, but the quality is there to justify them to me.

I've never been myself, but the wine tastings at Grape Escape are also worth a trip according to many of my friends. They also have free wi-fi, so if you're alone pull up a chair to a bar and you can even plug in if need be to get some work done. If you're looking for a good lunch somewhere on the island, you won't go wrong with this spot.

• Visited November 2013