“Only one complaint……maybe two” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 115 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Seafood, Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Our menu encompasses a great variety of original seafood and local favorites. Ranging from shrimp, fish, crab claws, and crawfish, we also provide po-boys, chicken, and sandwiches for land lovers. Don't forget about our specialty Roasted Red Pepper Bama Sauce over Fettuccine pasta! The goal at the Shrimp Basket is to provide enjoyable, affordable service to each and every one of our guests at whichever restaurant they choose to dine in. This is accomplished by our professional and well-trained staff working together to ensure that your memories are the best that they can be at the Shrimp Basket. It is no surprise that our popularity has magnified among locals and tourists alike as we continue to expand along the Gulf Coast. We are grillin', steamin', and fryin' for you!
“Only one complaint……maybe two”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Had two orders of crab claws. One came out very spicy. Other was fine. Three of us had AYCE tilapia-- grilled, fried and blackened. Each was excellent. Popcorn shrimp is standard gulf fare and was good. Both burgers came out wrong. Best sweet tea on beach.

Denver, Colorado
“Great food selection and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

A well balanced menu with several non fried options including several well priced all you can eat fish and shrimp options. Pleasantly surprised with the freshness and preparation of this family style setting. Quick, polite and friendly service from Kayla

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belleville, Illinois
“Good Value, Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is my second trip to the area and I always make it a point to go to this restaurant. It is one of the more moderately price restaurants for fried seafood. The staff is always very friendly and polite. My favorite here is the fried crawfish tails. They're kind of like popcorn shrimp only better. Not overly battered and perfectly fried. The server brought out some remoulade sauce to try with them- ask for it if you get the crawfish. I usually get the shrimp slaw and potato salad, both of which are good. Overall a good value for the food you get

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Spiro, Oklahoma
“Great food Great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Went to Orange Beach on spring break. There was a long line but def. worth the wait. We had a variety of food and all delicious. Great prices

Visited March 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Fresh Gulf Shrimp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My family and I visited The Shrimp Basket during a spring break trip to Orange Beach/Gulf Shores upon the recommendation of the hotel rep. I knew the food had to be good when I saw a group of seniors and snow birds (northerners who live in the south during the winter), in packs. I ordered the fried shrimp basket which comes with a dozen of fresh, gulf shrimp. Yes, the shrimp were medium to large and worth the $13 I paid. The hush puppies were light with a nice golden brown batter. I am not a coleslaw lover, but the shrimp slaw wasn't bad to taste. Other members of the family enjoyed their grilled and blackened shrimp.

I didn't realize it was a chain until we passed by two locations within 7 miles of each other on the way to the Foley outlet. Overall, I would recommend this spot for tourists and locals visiting the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere