You added Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach / Gulf Front to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tofield, Canada
“Nice Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The front desk staff were very helpful. We arrived 4 1/2 hours before check in and yet they helped us get to the beach which was what we really wanted. Because we didn't have a room to charge our snack items to they wrote it down and said they would do it later. The next day at check out we noticed it wasn't on our bill so we brought it to their attention. The girl then remembered us and that she had forgot to bill the room. She said that because we were honest she would "pay it forward" and for us to have a nice day!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonOB, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach / Gulf Front, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Greetings!

Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment "the little things" we were able to do to accomodate you and your family. We are so very happy with the staff we have, and again want to thank you for choosing to be our guests! We hope that you will continue to first consider us for your future travel plan. As we are confident we will continue to provide the hospitality that you deserve!

Tana D.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Tuscaloosa, AL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Really enjoyed staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Orange Beach, Alabama. Staff were extremely helpful. This is a a typical hotel on the beach but you can tell that Hampton attempts to keep it as clean as possible considering its location on beach. The lobby was always in a neat orderly fashion. All furnishings were made for usage of patrons in bathing suits, wet towels, and flip flops. This hotel is convenient to shopping and restaurants and I really enjoyed that they had a stop light that would let us out of the parking deck and off the property. This really reduced the stress of having to get on a busy highway. You could either drive or walk for shopping and eating from this location. I will definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Orange Beach!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay, knowing that you observed such small details that we are so proud of is awesome! We are so happy with the staff we have and will certainly pass along the message to them all! We couldn't be happier that you chose to stay with us!

Taylor Ridge, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Very nice location right on the beach. We paid extra for an ocean side room with a balcony and loved sitting outside in the morning and night and enjoying the view. The free breakfast was very good and having a bar pool side was great. The only suggestion I would make is to better train the housekeeping staff on restocking the rooms with shampoo, Kleenex, cups, towels, etc, more efficiently. We constantly had to ask when things ran out and for the price this should have been automatically done - even tipping did not seem to improve this. It was just the little extras that should be expected for the price, that was a minor disappointment but I would still use this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Greetings from Orange Beach!

First and foremost I personally want to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to comment on your stay! We will always continue to strive for perfection and constructive criticism is what it takes! With that being said, I will address the concerns you have expressed and my staff and I will brainstorm on a new format to make sure guests are provided with plenty of toiletries without having to go out of there way to have everything they need!
Thank you for choosing us for your vacation! We hope you and your family return again soon, if only to place your footprints in the sand!

Memphis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Friendly, helpful staff. Clean, great pool/hot tub. My only disappointment was no mini-fridge or microwave in the room-expected at this price, but overall, extremely satisfied.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Greeting from the South!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay! We are so pleased to hear that you "wouldn't hesitate to stay again". Repeat guests are very importanat to us a destination property! Also, thank you for mentioning how accomodating it woud be to have a microwave and refrigerator in every room, as for we have plans in the future that will make you even more pleased, to say the least!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a fun, relaxing, family oriented hotel on a quiet beachfront that exhibits beautiful white sand Orange beach, then this is your destination! Tiki bar with craft beer and local cocktail concoctions was a plus. Free awesome breakfast with waffle station!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Greetings from Orange Beach!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay! I am absolutely flattered at the fact that you not only enjoyed our premium beers, but took notice of our selection of signature cocktails! Our staff had a blast coming up with the names! We hope that you and yours have no hesitation when you come back to the gulf coast on where to stay!

Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

As a hilton honors member for several years I was shocked at how that really didn't matter here. I booked a room several weeks prior on the beach with a microwave and fridge for 5 nights. On my way there I got a call stating I was being downgraded for the night to the street side with no fridge/micro. After the 10 hour drive i begged the woman at the desk for my original beach room and was told I did not have a choice period. Come to find out I was one of only five people in the hotel chosen to be downgraded. I was given a room the next afternoon with a fridge that didn't work. Also, When I told the staff that I did not want to be over the pool with the kids and fountains going one of the ladies looked at me like I was being unreasonable. I kept thinking, if you had put me in the room I originally paid for there wouldn't be an issue. Top it off with not getting the full hilton honors points, I called and left a message and still have not received a phone call. So if you want hilton honors treatment, there is none at this hotel!
As for the location it is great and away from the crowd on the beach. I just couldn't hear the waves because of the kids yelling and the water sprayer going all night.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HamptonOB, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach / Gulf Front, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. I am sad to hear that you felt you were not treated the way that you should have been treated. We strive to make sure that all of our guest feel appreciated and it seems that we have missed the mark with you. I appreciate you bringing these matters to my attention so that I can address them with the appropriate department heads to ensure that this does not continue to happen. It is our goal that our guests leave our hotel with positive memories and pleasant experiences. We hope that in the future your negative experience will not keep you from coming back to see us. Should you want to discuss your recent stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm Regards,

Lori M. Gordon
Assistant General Manager
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Great family hotel right on the beach. Kids loved it! Room was clean and had good storage. Breakfast has many choices (waffles, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, etc). Pool was crazy but that really was because parents were not watching their kids. Something made of styrofoam exploded in the pool and it appeared hotel staff did not clean it out. Beach is beautiful and you can rent chairs and umbrella by the day. Great value for alternative to a condo..

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you bringing the pool issues to our attention. We were not aware that something styrofoam exploded in the pool, this is an issue that should have been discovered by our team members and I apologize that this was not discovered. I will be addressing this with our teams so that we can ensure that this does not happen again in the future. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Lori M. Gordon
Assistant General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach / Gulf Front? Share your experiences!