I just returned from my first trip to Orange Beach, Alabama. I was a single traveler on my way from visiting family in Baton Rouge and I live in Atlanta. When I told people I was going to the beach in Alabama they looked at me like I was crazy. Still, Orange Beach is A-Mazing and I will be back! I normally travel with my hubby and our 3 children but this time it was all about me!
The drive to Orange Beach was really lovely. There is a $3.50 toll to enter Orange Beach and the same amount to leave. Everything is relatively new and the town itself is extremely quiet and not traffic ridden. The Hampton Inn is simply beautiful and easily located across the street from a shopping center with a Dairy Queen, CVS, several eateries/restaurants and even a nail shop. There is a Publix also across the street as well and I felt completely safe walking to the shopping center in the evening alone. In fact, everyone I encountered was extremely nice.
Upon check-in I was promptly given my key and proceeded to my room. The hallways are nice and welcoming. My room was a little banged up but completely clean and enjoyable. The beach...Oh My! The beach was just so beautiful from the ocean view room. I promptly suited up, stopped by the Tiki bar and proceeded to layout within about 15 mins of my arrival. Ahhh...who could ask for anything more???
Now, I could not stay at this location with my family of five since there is simply not enough for all of us in just one room. On the other hand, I would definitely do another solo trip or even a girlfriends trip. To those of you who do not know about this area (as was the case with me), it is truly a hidden gem in my opinion and I would choose it a thousand times over the overly populated Destin.
Thanks Hampton Inn and Orange Beach! It was just what I needed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the beach, just steps from the white sand, on Alabama's famous Gulf Coast. We're centrally located near local attractions in Orange Beach and Gulf Shores, Alabama such the Tanger Outlet Mall, the Amphitheater at the Wharf, Waterville USA, Gulf State Park, and the Gulf Islands National Seashore. Free breakfast; indoor/outdoor zero entry beachfront pool & hot tub; seasonal beachfront tiki bar; clean & fresh Hampton bed; 3,750 square foot beachfront meeting space; flat screen HDTVS; 24 hour business center; 24 hour beach view fitness center; free wifi; sundries suite shop; covered free parking; free coffee & tea in lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach / Gulf Front reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach/Gulf Front Hotel Orange Beach
- Hampton Inn And Suites Orange Beach/Gulf Front