“Wonderful for 1-3 people and quick getaways!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors Double Points!
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Orange Beach
Atlanta
“Wonderful for 1-3 people and quick getaways!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I just returned from my first trip to Orange Beach, Alabama. I was a single traveler on my way from visiting family in Baton Rouge and I live in Atlanta. When I told people I was going to the beach in Alabama they looked at me like I was crazy. Still, Orange Beach is A-Mazing and I will be back! I normally travel with my hubby and our 3 children but this time it was all about me!

The drive to Orange Beach was really lovely. There is a $3.50 toll to enter Orange Beach and the same amount to leave. Everything is relatively new and the town itself is extremely quiet and not traffic ridden. The Hampton Inn is simply beautiful and easily located across the street from a shopping center with a Dairy Queen, CVS, several eateries/restaurants and even a nail shop. There is a Publix also across the street as well and I felt completely safe walking to the shopping center in the evening alone. In fact, everyone I encountered was extremely nice.

Upon check-in I was promptly given my key and proceeded to my room. The hallways are nice and welcoming. My room was a little banged up but completely clean and enjoyable. The beach...Oh My! The beach was just so beautiful from the ocean view room. I promptly suited up, stopped by the Tiki bar and proceeded to layout within about 15 mins of my arrival. Ahhh...who could ask for anything more???

Now, I could not stay at this location with my family of five since there is simply not enough for all of us in just one room. On the other hand, I would definitely do another solo trip or even a girlfriends trip. To those of you who do not know about this area (as was the case with me), it is truly a hidden gem in my opinion and I would choose it a thousand times over the overly populated Destin.

Thanks Hampton Inn and Orange Beach! It was just what I needed!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
HamptonOB, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach / Gulf Front, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice comments. We are so happy to hear that you found your hidden gem. I could not agree with you more when you say that Orange Beach is AMAZING! September and October is a great time to come to Orange Beach, because the traffic has slowed down and the weather is still nice enough to enjoy the beach.
You said that you could not bring your family, however if you ever decide that you would like to, we actually have larger rooms that may be accommodating for you and your family. We would love to be the hosts to your next family getaway or girls getaway.
We hope to see you soon in the future.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Woodstock, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We just had such a lovely stay at this hotel. It was clean, bright and happy! The bedding was clean and comfortable. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The view was astounding. I love that there isn't a hotel to the left of this one, so it's not quite as crowded to that side of the beach. The views were great; and it's in a great location, walkable to Publix, Subway,etc. for quick food options.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so appreciative of your feedback and thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. We are happy to hear that you found our hotel to be accommodating and in a good location for you. We hope that you get an opportunity to see us again in the future.

Martin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Very nice and clean hotel. Great location. Negatives - limited parking. Also, when housekeeping goes on break there is not even one temporary person to fill in if you need something. But overall very nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. We appreciate your feedback and appreciate your comments about the housekeeping department, I will definitely be passing those comments on to our housekeeping manager and create a solution to your opportunity. Again, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and look forward to your return.

Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I moved to this hotel after having a bad experience at the Hilton Garden Inn down the street. We were so relieved to move into the new room. The hotel staff was very accommodating and made our last minute hotel switch a breeze. The lobby was clean and very bright/open with easy access to the beach.

The room was very pleasant. The towels and bedding were crisp, clean/white, and what I’d expect at a Hampton Inn. Wifi was free, reliable, and relatively fast. The free breakfast buffet was very good with lots of options. Our balcony gave us great views of the beachfront, the furniture was clean and comfortable and our balcony was very private (we couldn’t see or hear other people on their balconies). The Tiki Bar lounge was on the beachfront and connected to the patio and pool area – which all led back into the lobby. Overall, the design of this hotel makes it very comfortable (you could almost just stay there and not leave during your stay). Also, there were a few nice restaurants directly across the street from the hotel. The hotel also offered free covered parking.

After moving from the Garden Inn the night before, we were relieved to stay in a place where we could actually sleep and weren’t afraid to take off our shoes. Overall, we were very pleased and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The views from the balcony of the beachfront rooms were definitely worth the extra dollars!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. We really value our guests feedback and our thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hate to hear that you had a bad experience with our sister property, but are happy that we were able to help recover short stay. I look forward to passing on your comments to our staff. We do hope that when your travels bring you to the Orange Beach area, we can be your home away from home.

Greenville, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The stay here was absolutely wonderful. Rooms were clean and very spacious, we stayed in suite with the side view of the ocean and it was beautiful! The entire hotel was very nice and the free hot breakfast was an added bonus! We will stay here every time we come to Orange Beach. The staff was very friendly also. Highly recommend a stay here!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HamptonOB, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach / Gulf Front, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you left the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. with the thought that you would be returning. We love to hear those kinds of comments and are pleased to know that you were happy with your stay and the amenities that the hotel offered. We thank you for your review and hope to see you again in the near future.

Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The front desk was bad, overwhelmed with one employee doing check in and three phones. On our reservations we asked for away from the elevator, but we're assigned a room five paces from the elevators. Breakfast featured those horrible rubber scrambled eggs and a toaster that would never toast, ever. The TV had a horizontal line across its screen. The room was clean and the beds comfortable, and the place was right on the beach...with a reasonable price. So, good news, bad news. We won't return.

Room Tip: Any room faces the Gulf, and no matter what you asked for the desk will goof it up.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to voice your concerns about your recent visit to the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. We apologize that you felt that our hotel fell short of your expectations in regards to the AC noise and the smell in the bathroom. I have passed on your comments to the maintenance team as well as our housekeeping department so that they can look into those opportunities. We do hope that despite an unsatisfactory visit that you do return and give us another shot so that we can then exceed your expectation.

Ponchatoula, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Very nice hotel in excellent location with an exceptionally good complimentary breakfast. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and the staff were friendly. The hotel was on the beach and we had a beachfront room, which made this vacation special.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be accommodating. We take pride in hearing that we did something right and I look forward to passing on your kind words to our staff. We hope that you get an opportunity in the future to come back and see us in that beachfront room that made your vacation special.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach / Gulf Front? Share your experiences!