“Great choice!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orange Beach, United States
“Great choice!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I made a quick trip to the beach. We did not have reservations before we went, we just went!! I found this hotel on an iphone app while sitting on the beach. We called the hotel and they allowed us to come to their private beach while we waited on our room!! Great room, view and beach. Loved it!! (So did the wife ;)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonOB, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach / Gulf Front, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
We are so happy that you had that app on your phone, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and even happier that you took the time to review your stay. Its always good to make a spontaneous getaway to the beach and our view of the beach from your room makes it that much more worth it. We do hope that when you and your wife plan another getaway you will keep us in mind. Until next time.

Kind Regards,

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Laceys Spring, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Very pleased with my stay at this hotel. Excellent staff. Beautiful view of the Gulf. Breakfast was delicious. Room was very clean and quiet. I would recommend this room to anyone who wants a nice place to stay on the beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are pleased that you and your friends enjoyed your recent visit to the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. We are happy that your enjoyed our breakfast and your room view of the gulf. We do hope that you get another opportunity to come back and see us again real soon. Until next time.

See you soon,

Huntsville, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We went the day before Mullet Toss this year. They allowed us an early check-in (which was awesome after driving all day!). The lady at the front desk was very nice. Our room was clean, the view was amazing!! Loved the clean beach, the nice pool, and the breakfast the next day was yummy. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
HamptonOB, Assiatnt General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach / Gulf Front, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and found this hotel to be accomodating. Mullet toss weekend is always a good time to come to the beach. We thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay and look forward to a return visit.

Warm Regards,

Somerset, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We really liked this hotel. Was a little surprised they had no regrigerator or microwave in the room, as every single Hampton Inn we had ever stayed at before did. But, the location was outstanding and the beach perfect. Will most likely go back and stay at the same hotel IF they get the amenities a family needs for an extended stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HamptonOB, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach / Gulf Front, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return soon. We do know that it is an inconvenience not having a microwave and refrigerator in the room, that is actually something that we are working on. We do hope that you come back to see us and we hope to have the refrigerator and microwave in the rooms for you and all of our guests to enjoy.

Until next time,

Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice. Both times were awesome. This has to be the nicest Hampton on the beach anywhere. I love that you can walk out directly to the beach at anytime. I can't wait to come back. The hotel is always fresh and clean and has that newness. As a gold member, I was again upgraded to a suite! I love the gulf front rooms with balcony. The side views are okay too, but I like facing directly towards the ocean. The normal rooms are a little small for the bathroom. We stayed in a handicap accessible room last time and I loved the extra room in the bathroom. There is little room in the bathroom to change in as the vanity is outside in the main room, however that is helpful too so more than one person can get ready at a time in the morning. Warning as the "queen" beds in the suites are not actually queen more like doubles. The hotel will comment on this and say they are in fact queens, but they are smaller by maybe a foot for so. I guess there is flexibility with the word-queen. However, the sheets are nice and soft, I stayed at a different new Hampton the nights before here and the sheets were rough and unpleasant. Check is was nice. Brittany was very helpful. She was training a new hire at the time and was surprised at my e-check in I had used but was accommodating and apologized for not having my room key printed up and ready. In the rush she forgot to offer me my complimentary items, but I came back down and asked her and she gladly let me choose my two items as a gold member. She also informed me about their Facebook site and if you commented you could get a free beer or another item. (my folks wanted the tote bag instead). I thought that was a nice touch. They are always friendly and responsive on their social media as well. This hotel is tourist driven so they know how to treat their guests. I was able to request extra forks and knifes one night and they had them readily available at the front desk. My only concerns were that I had a requested a late check out the last morning we were there (i called up about 8am) and requested a late check out and the lady said (which I believe was the new hire from the other day) that they latest they could do was noon. However, she seemed annoyed and bothered, not at all like the other clerks working the desk. I think if I would have asked someone else they would have let me stay later as this is a gold member perk, but I was fine with it because that's all I was going to ask for anyway as checkout is normally 11 (early, I know). When I went down to check out she also not as friendly, however that can be overlooked as she was new. Breakfast was pretty good, the normal Hampton fare. I would suggest adding additional waffle makers as it gets crowded and their were long lines waiting to use them. Also the breakfast area is the largest one I've seen, however is still too small for this hotel. Unfortunately that was a design flaw when building also the fact that they only have 2 elevators for a 9 story building.

Room Tip: Get a beach front suite, corner rooms are nice. Rooms with even numbers face the gulf. See the photo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
WOW! Thank you so much for your candid review on your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us just as much this time as you did the first time. We truly appreciate your patience as we have been training quite a few new team members at the Front Desk. Brittany is a gem and we are happy to hear that she was helpful and kind, I will be sure that she knows about your comment. Thank you for the suggestions about breakfast, we will definitely look into possibly adding an addition waffle iron, you are right it definitely gets crowded.
We do appreciate your time for your comments and love reading the feedback, we look forward to your next stay and hope that you find your next visit even better than your last.

Kind Regards,

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We spent one Saturday night at this hotel-and loved it! Easy access right at the end of the toll road, across the street from grocery, restaurants, etc. Big, colorful lobby with friendly staff. Clean rooms and everything still feels new! Free breakfast was what you would expect-cereal, assorted pastries, waffle iron, prefabricated omelettes, pork sausage patties-fine for a quick bite before the beach. Rental. Chairs and umbrellas are right outside on the sand, or you can sit by the tables and chairs or loungers by the pool. All in all a great quick trip and we will be back...

Room Tip: You can get a side view room for a little less than full gulf view room and it doesn't appear th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We are so happy that you found the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL to be accomodating and in a good location. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your easy breezy beach weekend. The weather is only going to get better so we will reserve a chair and umbrella on the beach just for you on your next visit. Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Petal, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The biggest plus about this hotel that stands out to me is the friendliness of the staff. They always were smiling and ready to help. Maintenance personnel were always gainfully employed even working on cleaning the legs of the stools in the lobby/breakfast area. Attention to detail!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach / Gulf Front? Share your experiences!