“My new favorite hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“My new favorite hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights. It is an awesome brand new hotel on the gulf. Our room was amazing. We were upgraded to a gulf front junior suite which had 2 queen beds, a large desk and a living room area with chairs and a couch. Our large balcony wrapped around the building. The beach was beautiful and the water was perfect. The pool area was very nice. The breakfast in the morning was great, the typically hot breakfast, but better! The hotel is located close to restaurants and shopping. The only down side is the air conditioner fan was constantly running and we couldn’t figure out how to shut it off so we ended up having the volume on the TV very loud to hear over the fan. But overall, it was seriously one of the best hotel experiences I’ve had. I am definitely planning on coming down here again next year!

Room Tip: Ask for Gulf View
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

We stayed here May 30th to June 4th and I will say this is a great hotel. I am a Hilton Honors member and I stay in Hilton Hotels all over the country and this is the NICEST Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in. The girls at Check-in were extremely helpful (Nicole and Vicki) even when I had a problem with my bill because it was split between HHonor Points and Rack Rate and it was resolved quickly. I did have a issue with someone at the front desk (who did not take the customer service class on how to treat a guest)when my brother in law checked in using some of my HHonor points and the Manager was excellent and more than made up for this mishap.
Pros:
1. Excellent Location - best beach view, we saw dolphins from our balcony 2 mornings in a row
2. Awesome Customer Service - from Vicki and Nicole at the front desk to Travis in the maintenance dept who brought me a chair when I was doing laundry.
3. Beautiful Hotel, very nice rooms
4. Nice pool for a Hampton Inn

Cons:
1.The hotel is understaffed expecially with housekeeping. Our room was always cleaned each day but sometimes very late.
2. It is a bit pricy for a Hampton Inn
3. The air conditioner in the room ran all the time and was a quite noisy
4. Pool towels are too small size of a hand towel
Note: Breakfast is typical Hampton Inn so I can't say a pro or a con

Room Tip: Ask for high floor balcony
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

We were there for Mem. Day weekend. The power went out for a few hours and they were very poorly prepared for this type of event. Rooms are clean, but the hotel is new so that should be expected. People at the desk were not especially professional. Very expensive for quality. They have beach access but you pay $5/hour for two chairs and an umbrella, which seems unnecessary when you pay so much for the room to begin with.

• Stayed May 2011
Claremore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Right on the beach, location is fantastic and easy to find. The bright orange/red colors helps this place stand out among to rest. Parking was wonderful, we had 3rd floor room and were able to park on the 3rd floor of the parking garage which made for very easy access to our room. Breakfast was great every day offering all the usual as well as waffles, eggs, potatoes, and french toast. Staff was courteous and helpful. The pool and hot tub were very nice. A portion of the pool is covered which was very nice nice when it rained a bit. Our room did not have a refrigerater or microwave and that is the only thing I was dissapointed with but since we had an ice chest it worked out ok for us.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Jekyll Island, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

Wish I had chosen this hotel first - This hotel is new and has it all nice pool, easy to get to the beach, small bar around the corner of the pool, great rooms, lots of restaurants across the road within walking distance You have got to eat at Rotolos Pizzeria across the street – Pizza and Cal zones are Superb !
If you are a family with kids or just looking for a Great CLEAN hotel this is the one, also has a nice parking deck to park your car out of the sun and weather ! STAY HERE !

Room Tip: Side view rooms are great or ocean front
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

This is a brand new hotel that is clean and perfect location. We were driving back from Disney and decided to follow the coast. We stumbled across Orange Beach and decided to stay the night. The pool is great, resort style beach entry and the staff was wonderful to us. They were laughing and playing with my kids every time we walked past the front desk. Would stay again!

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

I found this jewel on Trip Advisor and it lived up to it's rating. I was vacationing with two children aged 6 & 12. We selected non-smoking, 2 queen beds balcony with a side view.

The room was immaculate, the staff always friendly & smiling. We had a great view of the Gulf. The complimentary breakfast was in the typical Hampton style that I have come to expect.

The pool was clean and not crowded. I would recommend this hotel for families with small children.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach / Gulf Front? Share your experiences!