“Don't let the strip mall façade fool you.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 115 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse, Thai
Description: Big Fish offers a vast variety of FRESH seafood, premium cut steaks, and a very desirable sushi menu. We have a large wine and cocktail menu. Our open-kitchen concept creates a nice buzz. We have beautiful bar setting for meeting friends and clients. Our courtyard is great for beautiful days and evenings. Let us help you make Big Fish your #1 dining choice!
Birmingham, AL
“Don't let the strip mall façade fool you.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I was a little scared when I saw that this restaurant was located in a strip mall, but upon entering, I felt at ease. It was nicely decorated with a very modern, upscale bar area. The service was excellent - every member of the staff we encountered went above and beyond to ensure we were happy. I had one of the fresh catches prepared "Big Fish Style" and it was excellent. The side of sauteed spinach was wonderful and perfectly complimented the fish. The wine list (although not extensive), was good and very reasonably priced. All members of my party were pleased with their dishes as well. One of them ordered several of the small plates in lieu of an entree and was just as happy as the rest of us with entrees. Anyway, please don't miss this place if you are looking for some really good food without the kitschy, touristy vibe. They take reservations, so if I were you, I'd call ahead and have them reserve your spot.

• Visited July 2011

Paris, Tennessee
“Meatloaf Muffins, take a trip with me to the Gulf Coast Zone.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Big Fish that terrific resturant in Orange Beach has discovered a new crustacean known as the elusive Meatloaf Muffin. This tasty little creature is in season year around and has been perfected at Big Fish. My family and I went there for dinner on a Friday night in June, and only had to wait five minutes for seating. This caused a rise in my level of concern. After sitting down and ordering the necessary cocktails we proceeded with dinner. We all had a vast array of seafood starters and entrees, it pains me to say this but my fathers meatloaf muffins stole the show. All jokes aside I hate meatloaf and don't eat it, but those will change your mind about the dreaded loaf.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011 via mobile

Being a self-professed foodie it can difficult to find a restaurant that deserves such high marks. We have dined at Big Fish on several occasions and we have never been disappointed. There is always an abundance of FRESH seafood that is served in a way to enhance, not cover up, the flavors of the dish. Always our 1st choice for a meal when visiting the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perdido Key, Florida
“A positive surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

We'd heard of the Big Fish and when friends recommended we join them we did. It was a great experience from start to finish. Our server recommended the Appalachicola oysters that were prepared with a mignonette sauce. We also tried the scallops prepared three ways which were wonderful. Three of us opted for hog snapper, two sauteed and the other "Big Fish" style. All were excellent. We finished it off with a great dessert. It was a great experience from start to finish. Can't wait to visit again

Nashville
“Nice dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We tried this place since Cosmos was packed, and we're glad we did. Ate in the patio area, which was nice. A little pricey but the quality of everyone's food was excellent, and we would definitely eat here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere