“Very nice atmosphere and meal” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 115 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Indianapolis
“Very nice atmosphere and meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We went to Cobalt to celebrate a special occasion and were not at all disappointed. It was a very nice atmosphere with windows overlooking the bay. The food was very good and we definitely will be returning.

lake charles, louisiana
“Avoid Tommy if possible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Food was very good. Service was atrocious. Servers name was Tommy. Took our order and did not speak another word to us the entire meal. He hovered around our table prior to ordering. He asked about 5-6 times in a five minute period if we were ready to order in spite of being told we wanted to enjoy our drinks first. After we ordered....he walked away, and as I said before, never spoke another word much less came and checked on us. The manager, Matt served us our food. When we finished eating Tommy brought us our check( after we waited a while because again...he disappeared). Even when he placed the check on the table he didn't speak. We have spent close 1000$ eating out in Gulf Shores area this past month. Our worst service? Tommy at Cobalt. Our best service? Just about everywhere. This is a very friendly community. Enjoy wonderful service and great food at Cobalts other restaurant, Cosmos. Incredible Tuna at Cosmos. Or spend your money on wonderful steaks, tuna, sushi with servers Kyle and/ or Mark at Harbor Grill. That's our favorite restaurant in the area. Harbor Grill also has great drink specials and excellent selection of wines. Meanwhile back at Cobalt...I am 51 years old and we eat out several times a week--- whether at home or on vacation. I have never left a restaurant without leaving a tip. The only exception to that is last night with Tommy at Cobalt. The manager, Matt was nice about it. But we won't be back. We should have known as soon as we were seated and Tommy was clearing a table next to us. He mumbled about those diners (apparently after seeing his "tip"---) "that's the last time I wait on them.". No need to worry about that with us, Tommy. We won't be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alabama
“Beautiful setting, excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Love Cobalt! Beautiful water view and fun decor. We ate there at lunch while in Orange Beach over the holidays. They had a special menu with one of the entrees being speckled trout, I had to try it and so glad I did, the best trout I have ever eaten and perfectly prepared! It was served with potato patties and grilled asparagus. My husband had the tuna which was also excellent. Let's just say the meal was so good we went back a couple of days later and we both had the trout. We have eaten there numerous times and food and service have always been tops.

ann arbor
“A cut above the rest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We celebrated a birthday by going to Cobalt for Sunday brunch - this was after much deliberation given all the restaurant possibilities in the area. The waterfront setting and interior design provide a gorgeous backdrop for a very enjoyable meal - the buffet was set up at one end with a couple of musicians providing some mellow jazz at the other end. This isn't your typical breakfast buffet - it's not overwhelmingly extensive but what they serve is top notch. I have never had eggs benedict as part of a buffet - kudos to the kitchen as the eggs were firm, not runny. There was a divine strata - egg and veggie based casserole with wonderful flavors. The carvery featured roast beef which was done to perfection for those wanting it rare or medium/well done. We all raved about the French toast. And then there were the desserts - small, individual pots of creme brulee or chocolate mousse. Just enough to enjoy both! We sampled one item on the regular menu - the blackened tuna salad. The verdict was just as positive as those for the buffet. Tuna with greens, a citrus based vinaigrette dressing, goat cheese and candied pecans. Delicious! Two dollar bloody Mary and mimosa drinks. The buffet was $20.00 - excellent value for this type of restaurant. Service was very good. As for waiting, we arrived right at 11 am and there was no line - by the time we left, the waiting area was full. Go early - go hungry! As we were leaving, we noticed that they sell cookies for 75 cents each. Best cookies ever!

• Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Date Night Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I ended up at Cobalt because we couldn't get into the sister restaurant, Cosmo's. We were shocked that the place was full and even had a little wait on December 29th - not the busy season! We had a fabulous server, Vanessa who was very knowledgable about the menu and made great suggestions. After a great cocktail at the bar, some kind of strawberry puree and lemonade drink (that I loved), we sat down and enjoyed one our favorite apps from Cosmo's, the firecracker shrimp! I am not even a fried shrimp person and I love this app! The flavor is awesome! My husband and I both got fresh seafood, our favorite! I got the Grouper which was incredible with the risotto and my husband got the pan sauteed Trout. We thoroughly enjoyed out meal and we were way too full to enjoy dessert. I also had the pineapple Mojito that Vanessa recommended and it was fantastic. All in all, the atmosphere was fun and vibrant, the food was delicious and the service was outstanding. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited December 2012