“Another Great Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Orange Beach
Irving, Texas
“Another Great Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

For the 2nd year my family met in Orange Beach for an all adult, week long vacation. We were impressed that much of the same staff were still at the hotel from the prior year and were as friendly and helpful as last year. We had rooms with small patios and were able to enjoy the view while relaxing. The free breakfast was very good , the staff friendly and accomodating with all requests. We took advantage of the breakfast area every night to play some lively board and card games. The weather was perfect not hot or too cool. We ate great food and enjoyed the restaurants suggested by the staff. Our rooms were clean and well maintained. We are already planning our trip for next year and plan to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Set back on the other side of the beach road but a short walk (or free ride if you can't or don't want to walk 100 yards) this is a clean and crisp modern hotel. Decent room sizes some with balconies facing the back of the condos on the beach or the lagoon at the back. Although free (as of course it should always be) the wifi is pathetic barely managing 1 mb. We were told I is due an upgrade and I hope so. The pool situated at the back of the hotel is mostly in the shade all day though the seating around it, providing you don't mind playing musical loungers is mostly I'm the sun. The pool is nested to bath temperature so I guess that makes up for it. As with so many hotels (and thus not singled out here) I do wish they would invest in crockery for the breakfast, I have grown very tired of eating off polystyrene and using plastic cutlery - it is really tacky and seems incredibly wasteful. A cheap upgrade would add so much more class. The staff were very friendly and all in all for a chain hotel, of which we have stayed in 10 in the last 6 weeks, it's a cut above most... Just. (one small caveat watch out for room 202, a nice room but right next to, I think, the pool heater fan and go off for ten seconds every minute all through the night and led to me plugging my ears) heavens knows why it need to do this.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony probably facing the lagoon and avoid 202 if you want a peaceful night
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed overnight. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There were extra pillows in the room as was requested.
The complimentary continental breakfast was wonderful. There wee cold and hot items available. The attendant there was delightful and was eager to assist us.
I love the decor and color palate that is being used. It is very pleasant and comfortable to the eye. A real improvement for Fairfield Inns that are using it. We will definitely stay here again

• Stayed October 2012
Clarksdale, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay.. The staff was so nice and it was so clean. It right across from all the restaurants and the beach is right across the street. I will be going back for my family vacation next year. I very good hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Ive stayed here many time for bussiness, came with my family 3 upgraded rooms very nice. My room was great. My daughter never got room service to clean either day even after stopping at the desk and requesting. It was a busy weekend. Usually they are very accommodating, all areas clean, we did not use the breakfast but it looked nice. I will be back

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Milton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Last minute beach getaways are the most fun! And this hotel added so much pleasure from check-in to check-out. Breakfast was outstanding with everything you could think of available. Room was spacious and oh-so comfy! Not located directly on the beach, but with shuttle on demand it was very convenient. Entire staff was friendly & helpful. Only about one hour & fifteen minutes from home so we will be returning. You can always rely on Marriott!

Room Tip: Third floor AC was fairly noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

This Hotel has the best staff, everyone from the sales associate to the breakfast staff to the cleaning service. We took the whole family for a week and it was a wonderful experience. The breakfast is superb, and always filled. The beach trolly is great, the location is awesome, right next to a walmart market, resturants, the bay, and the liquor stores. Being across the street from the beach was no big deal, it was a private boardwalk and beach access. They even ask you if you want to get anything else from the breakfast buffet before they close it... Who does that! Very impressed, and would definitely return. We felt at home here. This review is my own experiance, the only downside was that the room we got at 2am was a little dusty and was not as clean as I expected and all the plugs were out of the walls, but they fixed that the next morning. Loved the convenience of just walking to dollar general, walmart, and drinks. We had a great time in orange beach at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Orange Beach? Share your experiences!