“Better than we thought” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 17 hotels in Orange Beach
Greenville, Kentucky
“Better than we thought”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My wife and I have never been to Gulf Shores and really did not know what to expect. We have been to Panama City Beach several times and wanted to try somewhere different on the Gulf. The room we had was two bedroom and two baths and was perfect for our romantic valentines day getaway. The view was great and we were right down with in a walk of the pier. A pretty good place to eat is also with in a walks distance called see n suds. Bubbas seafood house was the best place we had dinner at and the oysters there were by far the best. We do think Panama City Beach is better for familys with children, but Gulf Shores and staying at the Royal Palms is really really nice!!

Room Tip: We found our room on VRBO
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Leon, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Very nice condo right on the beach!! Great views of the state park pier and gulf. When we planned the trip we thought the water would be see through emerald green but is is more blue and you can't see the bottom. That is ok we drove down to Destin for the day and got our feel for see through water! The traffic was a little crazy there. The beaches are super clean at Royal Palms and not a ton of people because you are right next to the state park. The condo was perfect for our family of three. The only things I would consider is an egg shell foam mat for the bunk beds they are pretty hard so my kid was like uhhh no and went for the couch! The comforter in the master needs to be updated or replaced... but again super clean! Thanks for a great week!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We just returned from a 7 day stay at Royal Palms 403. We had 4 adults & 2 kids. Beautiful view from room. Beach was not crowded & location was awesome! Absolutely a fantastic vacation!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed here several summers with my family when I was growing up. Good times, SUPER fun! I would definitely recommend one of the Phoenix properties. We would stay for a little over a week and each time, I never wanted to leave. It felt as though we were right at home with all of the space we had in the unit. Our own rooms were huge, the kitchen was huge, the living room was huge, and the balcony made a huge "L" shape. We always stayed in a unit located on one of the highest floors and had a breathtaking view of the beach/gulf. Gulf Shores is a great place to go. Very family-oriented. My father worked so hard to provide us with get away after get away!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed here over the long weekend for memorial day. I would say this was an impromptu vacation and was not planned well because of my medical condition. Thanks to resort quest and the owner of 704 condo for making our holiday very relaxing and memorable. What I like about this place is it's right on the beach our room has all the amenities and it felt like its our home away from home. We stayed on a one bedroom condo that sleeps for 6 because it has 1 king bed, bunk beds and a queen sofa sleeper. It has a fully equipped kitchen and it even has a stacked washer and dryer. The condo also has an indoor pool and outdoor one wc are pretty good size. I find it very relaxing to soak in the hot tub for a few minutes before going back to our unit. I know there's a sauna somewhere in the area but I didn't get the chance to go there. This condo is located at the end of the beach so it's less crowded but just a few steps away from the boardwalk and other happening at the beach.
My complains are: the dryer unit was very noisy that you can't do laundry at night, the master bathroom has a cracked tile and the guest bathroom was not clean enough as it still had mold inside its rim. Yuck! One of the potholder needs to replaced as I almost got burned as I was removing something from the oven because I didn't noticed that there was a big hole on the thumb. I also wish the condo would provide a grilling area on the ground level as most condos in Florida have. The rinsing area near the boardwalk wasn't working the entire time that we were there. That made all of us had to rinse near their garbage area as we were directed there by the maintenance people.
Overall our entire stay was wonderful I just hope that the management and the owner of the unit would take the time to read this review as there's always room for improvement. Thanks!

Room Tip: Unit 704 has a good view of the beach and has a good size balcony.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I just wanted to share that we have stayed in this unit, it was about a year ago. They have really done a good job keeping this place looking nice, and have done some updates. The location is perfect...its at the end of the beach, near the state park fishing pier... and this condo has great views!! I would definately recommend it. The owner was easy to work with and easy to get in touch with.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Russellville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

We just returned from Gulf Shores/Orange beach and had a wonderful time. We booked through Brett/Robinson Vacations, which we have been doing for nearly 20 years. We have stayed at many of their outstanding resorts throughout the years. This time we stayed at the Royal Palms in room 1404. This is a one bedroom unit which was perfect for just my husband and myself. However the room will sleep 5 so it would also work for families with 1 king, sofa sleeper and twin bed. The kitchen was one of the best equipped that I have seen. The condo was beautifully decorated and the view was outstanding. The balcony was large and was great for just sitting and looking at the ocean. The complex is not as big as some of the other complexes we have stayed in and it was not crowded at all. It's the last condo before a long stretch of open beach. Both pools inside and out were very nice. There was plenty of parking and it was located just minutes away from great restaurants. We couldn't have been more pleased. If you're looking for a quiet get away this fall or anytime. I would definitely recommend Brett Robinson Vacation Rentals and the Royal Palms.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal Palms? Share your experiences!